I want him home safe.

⚠️T.W.⚠️ mentions of kidnapping and ptsd.
(Btw this is after Jays dad died)
————————————————————————
(1 month later.)
Me and Jay stepped off the plane and I checked the time on my phone. 8:47 p.m.
We just got back from our honeymoon.
I was extremely jet lagged.
I called for a taxi and we waited.
Jay interlocked his fingers in mine and then we walked out to the taxi. After arriving at my brothers house I knocked on the door.
"Hey guys!" Stella greeted us. We walked in and I saw Kelly sitting on the couch watching a football game with Ben.
"Kelly you know he's not gonna remember any of that right." I said
"Oh hey Sophia! Hey Jay." He paused the game and came over to us.
Ben reached for me and I grabbed him out of Kelly's hands.
"Hey buddy! Are you a bears fan now?" I asked referring to his hat and baby jersey Kelly put on him.
"Good choice."
Jay picked him up out of my arms.
"Mommy and daddy missed you Ben. Come on let's go home."
I parked my car in Kelly's parking lot of his apartment so when we got back we wouldn't need a cab.
After driving home I unlocked the door and went to the kitchen.
"Come on Ben let's go to sleep."
Me and Jay haven't ate yet so he started cooking dinner while I brought Ben up to his crib.
"Sweet dreams. I love you."
I grabbed the baby monitor and went downstairs. It was late so Jay made Macaroni and cheese and I was fine with that.
After eating me and Jay went upstairs and went to bed.

The baby monitor cackled to life. I heard Ben screaming and crying.
I felt Jay jolt up next to me. I knew what was happening.
I turned the lamp on that was on my bedside table. I grabbed his shoulders.
"Hey Jay relax, it's just Ben. We aren't in Afghanistan anymore." He visibly calmed down by the sound of my voice.
"Go back to sleep I'll get him."
I checked the time on my phone 3:12
He nodded and I went to check on my baby.
I slowly tiptoed through the hallway to his room.
"Hey buddy, calm down it's ok." I lifted him out of his crib and sat in the rocking chair with him.
"Shhh it's ok."
I saw a figure standing in the door way. It was Jay. By the time he actually came in the room I had gotten Ben to go back to sleep. I placed him in his crib and walked quietly out of the room with Jay.
"Your really good at being a mom you know that?" He asked.
"I'm not. I was never made to be a mom."
"You were though. You are the best mother Ben could ever ask for and you know that."
I just smiled at him.
"I'm sorry about earlier." He whispered in my ear.
"Jay it's perfectly fine. I know what you go through because I was in Afghanistan with you.
It's not your fault."
"That's why I love you." He gave me a quick kiss on the lips and we went into our bedroom.
"Come on let's go back to bed we both have work in the morning."

I heard my alarm blaring.
I shut it off and looked over in bed but didn't see Jay.
"That's weird."
I shrugged it off and went to Jay and I's bathroom to brush my teeth. I heard the shower running so I knew Jay was in there.
"Hey good morning sunshine." Jay said sticking his head out of the shower curtain.
"Morning Jay." I said back with a smile.
He splashed me with water.
"Hey what was that for?"
"So you will get in with me." He said with a smirk on his face.
I thought to myself for a second.
"Oh what the hell, I got time." I quickly got out of my clothes and got in with Jay.
He pushed me up against the shower wall and started kissing me. His tongue brushed across my bottom lip and I dug my nails into his back. I think you know what happens next.

20 minutes later I finished getting changed and went to get Ben up. I rubbed his stomach until he started to stir in his sleep.
"Come on buddy time to get up." I picked him up and he wiped his hands over his eyes when we walked downstairs. I placed him in his high chair and took his pacifier out of his mouth and replaced it with a bottle of formula. Jay came down the stairs and gave me and Ben a kiss on the head.
"Bye love." I said before he left.
"Bye Sophia."

After I dropped Ben off at his babysitters house I drove to the firehouse.
"Hey Halsteads back!" Hermann exclaimed coming over and giving me a hug. Hermann is Lieutenant on engine 51 now Mouch is also on engine.
A dark skinned younger guy walked past me.
I leaned over to Hermann.
"Who's that?" I whispered.
"That's Ritter he was your replacement while you're were on maternity leave and on your honeymoon."
I nodded.
"Ritter come here!"
"Yeah?"
"I want you to meet Sophia Halstead."
"Nice to meet you I'm Darren Ritter."
"Like wise. Thanks for filling in for me on truck."
"Yeah of course."
He walked away and another young male walked in.
"Hermann who's that?"
"That Gallo. He replaced Mouch."
I nodded.
"Gallo come here. I want you to meet someone" Hermann yelled
He jogged over to me.
"Sophia Halstead. Nice to meet you." I said shaking his hand.
"Blake Gallo. It's nice to meet you aswell. Are you new here?"
I laughed.
"No I just got off maternity leave."
"Oh ok." 
We all went to the conference room for morning announcements. 5 minutes in my phone started going off like crazy.
"Who's phone is that?" Chief asked
"It's mine. I'm sorry Chief it's the babysitter I got to take this."
"Hello?"
My eyes widened.
"Ok I'll be right there. Hide and don't come out till I get there. Call 911."
I hung up the phone.
"Is everything alright Halstead?" Chief asked
"No, someone broke into my babysitters house and they have a gun and she can't get ahold of Jay. I gotta go."
I ran out to my car and on the way I had my phone on speaker while I was calling Jay. Come on Jay answer.
"Hello?"
"Jay get to Kelsey's house now. Someone broke in!"
"Ok I'm on my way." I heard him start his truck before I hung up.

I pulled into the driveway of my babysitters house followed by a couple cars that I knew the intelligence unit drove.
Jay came over to me.
"Is everything ok?"
"I don't know I just got here."
"Ok stay outside until we know it's safe."
I nodded.
"Sophia we need your help!" I heard Kim say 5 minutes later.
I ran into the house and saw Kelsey in a puddle of her own blood.
"You were a paramedic. What do we do?"
"Find me towels. We need to stop the bleeding."
"Hey Kelsey look at me. Your gonna be alright just keep your eyes open for me ok."
She nodded and squeezed my hand.
Kim came running back with towels.
"She's got a gsw to the abdomen help me lift her to see if it's through and through."
Kim helped me lift her and thankfully it was through and through. The rest of the intelligence team came down the stairs and the ambulance came. After helping the paramedics put Kelsey in the ambulance I ran to Jay.
"Where's Ben?"
"Sophia he was kidnapped."
I fell into his arms and started crying.
"We are going to find him I promise."

After Kelsey woke up Jay went and asked her questions and he also made me go back to work.
"Warehouse fire, truck 81, squad 3, engine 52, battalion 25, ambulance 61." I put my phone on the table and ran to the rig.

After pulling up to the scene we saw a bunch of cars follow behind us.
"Is that the intelligence unit?" Otis asked.
I nodded at him and got out of the rig. I ran over to Jay.
"What are you guys doing here?"
"This is the address we got for Bens location."
"Son of a bitch." I muttered under my breath.
My eyes widened and I ran to get my gear on.
With Kelly beside me we went into the building.
I walked in and saw my son sitting on a chair but I also saw someone standing next to him.
As I got closer I noticed he had a bomb tied around him.
"Don't send anyone else in. Suspect has a bomb strapped on him. Clear the area now!" Kelly said into his radio
As we got even closer I noticed the person who kidnapped my son was my ex husband Jason. I heard he got out of prison but I didn't believe it.
"Sophia I love you! And if I can't have you nobody can! Come with me or I swear to god I'll blow this whole place up."
"Ok, ok I'll come with you just please let me see my son."
He moved out of the way and I went and grabbed Ben.
I nodded at Kelly and we ran towards the door. But we were too late. He detnanated the bomb. I hit the ground making sure Ben would be safe and covered and then everything went black.
To be continued...