The Calm Before The Storm

This imagine is based off of season 2 episode 20 "A Dark Day" also there is mentions of drugs.
————————————————————————I set my alarm for earlier than usual so I could text Jay and apologize.I got up and got dressed.
I was pissed at him for going through my bag. Did I have a problem? No I couldn't have.
I grabbed my phone off the night stand and opened the contact for Jay.
Sophia- sorry how we left things last night. it's all my fault and you have a right to be mad, but i need some time to blow off steam. talk later?
He didn't take very long to respond which I was thankful for.
Jay- yeah of course we can

I walked into firehouse 51.
"Good morning Severide."
"Morning Hermann." I said with a smile on my face
"Severide my office now."
I walked into Bodens office confused.
"Everything ok Chief?"
"No I need you to take a drug test. Now."
"Why?"
"Because the doctor that cleared you called me last night. Until further notice or until that test comes black clean you are suspended from all firefighter duties." He shouted at me.
"Got it Chief." I said in a whisper
"Sophia your digging a hole too deep and your not gonna be able to get out of it."
I nodded and he handed me a cup. I walked out with tears in my eyes and ran towards the bathroom.

I peed in the cup and put it in the bag.
As I was washing my hands I broke down and fell against the wall down to the ground.
I heard a knock on the door and a voice.
"Sophia can we come in? It's just me and Kelly."
I knew that voice it was Shay.
"Yeah."
They walked in,locked the door and came and sat next to me.
"Sophia you need to tell us what's going on so we can help you."
"I just had to piss in a cup because I've been using drugs that I don't need and Boden found out. I think I have a problem."
"Sophia please don't tell me your not going down the same road we went down when you were 16."
When I was 16 and Kelly was 18 we got into trouble, bad trouble involving drugs. My father wasn't around when I was a teenager so Hank Voight helped me.
"Kelly when I was 16 I wasn't doing drugs. You were and I had to help you out of it."
"Sophia I'm worried about you. I love you and I don't want to lose you."
"Kelly I'll figure something out I promise."
"I'm holding you to that. Because your my best friend and I love you and I'm not willing to let you die." Shay said to me.
They got up first and then they helped me get up on my feet, and I gave the test to Boden.
"Hospital bombing. Engine 51, truck 81, squad 3, ambulance 61."
"Sophia, your not coming."
"But I can help!"
"I don't care. I already told you you're suspended."
I nodded as I watched the rigs pull away.

(Kelly's pov.)
We pulled up to the scene with CPD and about a dozen other first responders and saw the mess. It was terrifying to say the least.
"Squad and Truck I want you on search and rescue. Engine help put out the fires."
"You got it Boden."
We started pulling up rocks and crushed cement.
"Casey I got a couple people alive trapped under here. I need some more hands."
"We will be there in a minute Severide, we are doing the best we can since we are down a man." I heard through my radio.
"Ok Casey."
"Everything is going to be okay we are gonna get you out."
5 minutes later truck 81 came to help us and we got the people out.

About an hour later I was taking a break and getting some water.
Jay walked up to the rig.
"Hey Severide, do you know where Sophia is I haven't seen her all day and I just want to make sure she's ok."
I looked up at him.
"You haven't heard?"
"Heard what? Is she alright" I can tell he was starting to panic.
"Sophia got suspended this morning. Chief made her take a drug test and she's suspended until further notice. She didn't tell you? You are her boyfriend."
"Oh. Uh no we had a fight last night and I'm trying to give her some space. Thanks for letting me know."
"Yeah of course."

(Sophia's pov.)
"I've been sitting in this damn firehouse all day when I could be saving lives Connie."
"Do not complain to me. Sorry to break it to you sunshine but your annoying."
"Whatever I'm going back to listening to my radio."
That's what I've been doing listening to my radio.
I heard Kim Burgess' voice come through.
"Firefighter down! Firefighter down! I need a medic now!"
My heart froze.
"Please don't be someone from 51." I turned my radio up so I could hear Kim's voice.
51 was a close family and I loved everyone of them and it killed me when one of them was in pain.
"I need a medic now! Paramedic Leslie Shay needs help."
My heart dropped.
"No, no, no!" I grabbed my keys and ran out to my car.

I got to the scene and the first person I saw was Casey.
"What the hell are you doing here your suspended."
"I came too see Shay. Where is she?"
"She's in the part of the hospital that wasn't blown up. Floor 6 room 2468"
"Thank you Casey."
"Yeah."

I ran up to see her.
I knocked on the door and heard a faint come in.
I saw Kelly next to her bed. He was covered in dust and dirt.
"Shay are you ok?"
"Yeah it's just a scratch. I'll be fine."
"You collapsed Shay. That's not just a scratch."
"What happened." I asked sitting in the chair next to Kelly.
"Shay had a huge cut on her side and she lost too much blood so she collapsed."
"Are you ok now?"
"Yeah I'm fine."
"I was afraid you were dead when I heard firefighter down over the radio. Don't scare me like that!" I said lightly punching her shoulder.
"I love you too much so you can't die!"
"I love you too Sophia but you better not be getting soft on me."
"Never."
I stayed with Shay for maybe two hours and I got a phone call.
"Hey this is Boden I got to take this."
"Hello."
"Come back to the firehouse your test came back."
"Ok I'll be right there."
"Hey I got to get going but I'll come see you tomorrow."
"Ok bye Severide."
"Bye Shay."

I nervously walked to Boden's office.
"Your test came back clean. I'm lifting your suspension."
"Thank you Chief." I smiled at him.
"Your welcome now go home."
I walked out of his office.
I wasn't clean and I knew it. The test might have been clean, but I wasn't.

I thought maybe if I went and made up with Jay then at least maybe my day would end better. I swallowed my pride and knocked on his door. Jay opened the door for me.
"Can I come in, we need to talk."
"Yeah come on in."
He moved out of the way to let me in.
"So what do you want to talk about?" He asked as I sat at his island next to him.
"Last night. I messed up for freaking out with you, and I'm sorry."
"It's not your fault Sophia."
"I'm sorry for the pills. I swear to you that I'm gonna try to stop taking them."
"Promise?" He asked.
"Promise." I said holding out my pinkie.
"Your such a dork."
"Just do it." He laughed and held his pinkie out and interlocked it with mine.
"We're ok right?" I asked him.
"We're ok." He said confirming my worries. I rested my head on his shoulder.