Love Is War

(8 months later; also i messed up bens age so let's pretend he was born in 2014 instead of 2015, okay? okay.)
Jay still isn't back from Afghanistan and it's hitting Hailey hard. She's constantly worried about him so I have to reassure her that he would be back. Scott and I have grown closer since Jay hasn't been around, only problem is that Ben and Shay do not like him, so he hasn't moved in yet.

"Ben move a little faster!" I yelled up the stairs. He knew he had school today and I knew he was awake, but I haven't seen him all morning. I walked upstairs and into his room to see him sitting on the bed.
"Why aren't you getting your bag ready."
"Mom, I think I'm dying."
"Your seven Ben."
He gave me a look.
"Alright why do you think your dying?"
"I don't feel good." I brought my palm up to his head.
"You have a fever, your not going to school today." I went to leave but I noticed red bumps on his skin.
"Let me see your arm." He handed me his arm and it was covered in red bumps.
"Alright, you have to go to grandmas." I said. Thankfully both me and my mom have had chicken pox, but Shay hasn't so the babysitter can't come over.
After calling my mom, I got Shay ready for her to go to daycare, downstairs instead of upstairs.
I heard my doorbell ring and when I went to check it I saw my mom.
"Hi Mom."
"Hi honey."
I gave her a quick hug and than Shay realized who was at the door and she ran over.
"Grandma!" She yelled as my mom picked her up into a hug.
"You've gotten so big Shay!"
She smiled at her.
"Bens upstairs, when you leave please lock my front door." I said before leading Shay out to my car.

I dropped Shay off at daycare and drove to the
firehouse.
"Morning Hermann."
"Hey kid." He said flashing me a smile.
"Why are you in such a good mood?" I asked.
"I got a fortune cookie yesterday that said today was my lucky day."
"Do you believe it?"
"I do." I laughed and went to find Blake, he texted me earlier saying he needed my opinion on something. I found him near his locker.
"Hey what did you need my opinion on?" I asked him.
He held out his hand that held a blue velvet ring box.
"I want to propose to Violet."
"Really? That's amazing! What did you need my opinion on?"
"I want to know if you think the ring is pretty?"
He opened the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.
"Oh Blake, it's perfect. She's gonna love it."
"You think so?"
"I know so."
"Factory fire. Truck 81, Ambulance 61, Squad 3, Engine 51, Battalion 25."
"Come on!" Blake shoved the ring in his locker and we ran out to the rigs.

When we arrived at the scene, there was already people running out of the flaming building.
"Is their anyone else in their?" I asked one of the people running out.
She nodded.
"Chief theirs still more people in there!"
"81, Squad 3 search and rescue! Engine put these flames out." "Gallo, Kidd with me." I said leading them into the fire.
We walked into a room.
"Fire department call out!"
"Help!" We heard someone yell.
"I'll get her! You guys continue looking for more people!" I yelled over the flames.
"Fire department call out!" I said in the way of where the voice came from.
"Over here!"
I found a woman about my age huddled in a corner.
"Hi, can you come with me?" She nodded.
"Stay low." She nodded and followed me out.
Before I got back to Gallo and Kidd I saw a beam coke crashing down, and then I heard a sound no firefighter wants to hear.
"Firefighter down! Firefighter down!" I heard Stellas voice come through the radio.
"Come with me." I said leading her over to Stella.
"Stella take her outside and get help I'll stay with Gallo." She nodded and went out. I followed the sound of the beeping to where Gallo was laying under a board.
"What happened?"
"The board came down on me." He said trying to catch his breath. I checked how much air he had and it was empty.
"Take your mask off your out of air." I said taking mine off.
"I'm not taking your mask."
"I'm your Lieutenant, that's an order."
He nodded and put my mask on his face taking in the oxygen he needed.
"I can't lift this board by myself, but help is on the way."
"Sophia, just leave. This building is about to collapse."
"I'm not leaving you Gallo, not when your going to ask Violet to marry you."
"Your not gonna stop bothering me till I do it aren't you?"
"No I'm not gonna stop bothering you." I said earning a laugh from him.
"Gallo! Severide!" I heard what sounded like Casey yell.
"In here!" I yelled back. I saw Casey, Kelly, Cruz, Otis, and Stella come into view.
"Help me lift this board." Stella and I got on one side while Casey and Kelly got on the other.
"On the count of three, we lift Cruz and Otis pull him out." Casey counted to three and we lifted the board while Cruz and Otis helped Gallo out.

"Now you can ask her to marry you!" I said after Gallo was cleared by paramedics.
"What did you think I was trying to get out of it?" He asked with a laugh.

When we got back to the firehouse Kelly, Stella, and I were talking at the table.
"You know the girls have been begging for Shay and Ben to come over lately." Stella explained to me.
"Well Ben woke up with chicken pox this morning but Shay can come over tonight if it's okay with you guys?"
"Yeah, she can stay the night."
"Than I have to pick her from daycare." I explained.
"I can just have pick her up when i get Amanda and Bailey."
"You sure?"
Kelly nodded.
"Alright than."

After shift ended Scott texted me to come over to his apartment so that's where I was on my way too. When I got their I knocked and when I didn't get a response, I used my extra key to get in. I walked into his apartment to see him on one knee surrounded in rose petals. I looked in his hand to see a red ring box.
My mouth fell open.
"Sophia Callie Severide, will you marry me?"
I slowly nodded. He got up and put the ring on my finger.

 He got up and put the ring on my finger

"I love you Sophia."
"I love you too." I said before kissing him.
This engagement was weird for sure. Hell Scott and I didn't even live together since he wanted to wait until marriage. As I was thinking I realized he barely knew anything about me. I pushed all those negative thoughts aside and kissed him.
"As much as I want to stay, I have to go Ben is sick."
"Alright, bye."
"Bye."

Before I picked Ben up I went home to get changed. When I pulled into my driveway I saw a truck
I knew to well. I smiled to myself since that meant Jay was home from deployment.
I practically ran out of my car once I saw him on the porch.
"Jay!" I yelled. He smiled as I walked over to him. As soon as I reached him I engulfed him in a hug.
"How was Afghanistan?" I asked.
"Sophia, wait before we catch up I need to talk to you."
"Is everything alright?"
"I just broke up with Hailey."
"Why?"
"Because I made a mistake."
"What are you trying to say Jay?"
"I'm trying to say, two years ago, we should've fought harder for our marriage. I shouldn't have been such an idiot. It shouldn't have taken me this long to realize that your the only person I want to be with." Tears started to well up in my eyes. A big part of me still wanted to be with him.. but another part of me loved Scott.
"Jay.."
"I miss you Sophia."
"Scott proposed to me tonight." His eyes went to my left ring finger.
"I'm so sorry Jay, I'm so sorry. If things were different I would say I miss you too, and I would invite you inside but we can't do that." I said letting the tears fall. I saw tears well up in his eyes as he walked past me to his truck. I watched him pull out of my driveway while I stood on my porch in tears. I couldn't help but think to myself if I made the right choice or not.
____________________________
alright so what are your thoughts on this chapter??? also i haven't see. the new one chicago episodes yet, are they good?