Welcome To The World

(3 months later) (flashbacks will be in italics)
"Ben, I can't pick you up. Go to your dad."
"Ben come here." Jay said calling him over. Ever since I started my third trimester Jay wouldn't let me pick up Ben. He said it was for mine and the babies safety. Especially since the baby is still breached and is too big to turn around at this point, which means I have to have a c-section and I'm not at all excited about it but I don't have to worry about that since my due date isn't for another week but then again Ben did come early so I wouldn't be surprised if our girl comes early too.
"I can pick him up Jay." I said sitting on the couch next to him, Ben, and Maya.
"I don't want you to get hurt Sophia."
"Jay I'm pregnant, not a fragile doll."
"I know Sophia." He said kissing my forehead. I felt what felt like butterflies in my stomach so I grabbed Jays hand.
"Is everything ok?"
"She's kicking." I said placing his hand on my stomach. He smiled at me and Ben mimicked Jay and put his hand on my stomach as well.
Jay and I laughed at him.

(1 week later)
"Go to work Jay!"
"No, I'm not leaving you alone. Today's your due date."
"Jay. I managed just fine when I had Ben and you weren't there."
"Yeah, but Ben wasn't a c-section."
"Doesn't matter. Go or I'll kick you out."
"Fine." He said grabbing his gun out of the safe. I looked over at the pictures on our night stand.
Jay and I's wedding picture, the day Ben was born and a picture of Jay and I in Afghanistan.
I thought back to the day we met.
8 years ago.
"Kelly, I'll be safe I promise. I'm going to be a doctor, remember. I didn't take that medical class for fun." I said into the phone.
"Sophia your 22."
"And your 24. I know my age."
"That's not what I mean smart ass."
"Kelly I'll be fine. I got to go, they're boarding the planes."
"Alright, bye. I love you."
"I love you too." I hung up the phone and boarded the plane, getting ready for my new life.
(many hours later)
"Alright so here's your bunk."
Sergeant Patterson told me.
I nodded.
"So the soldiers and rangers just train and sleep at the M.A.S.H sight?" I asked.
"Pretty much." I nodded.
"Incoming!" Someone yelled.
"Come on." I ran behind Sergeant Patterson to the helicopter that was landing.
"Severide you take that one!" She said pointing to a stretcher that had a man with dark brown hair and beautiful green eyes.
"I need help carrying the stretcher!" I yelled over.
"No I can walk." The soldier said.
"Like hell you are. Sit!" I ordered. He raised his hands in defeat and sat on the stretcher.
Another doctor helped me carry the stretcher to a safe place.
"You got this Severide?" I nodded.
"Severide I know that name."
"Really?" I asked examining where a bullet grazed his leg.
"Are you related to Kelly Severide?"
"Yeah, he's my older brother? Do you know him?" I asked as I gave him a shot to numb his leg.
"Not personally but I've heard of him."
I nodded.
"I never got your first name." He added.
I just stayed silent as I stitched his leg up.
"Don't make me check your dog tags."
"Alright fine." I said with a laugh.
"Sophia. Your turn."
"Jay Halstead."
"So Jay Halstead how'd you get this nasty wound?"
"I'm a sniper. We were under attack. I was spotted."
"That'll be a good story to tell your kids someday." I added.
"So who's the lucky guy?" He asked me.
"What are you talking about?"
"The ring on your finger."