ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚𝟙

Mamoru stared at the ceiling blankly. There was so much to think about now, though some of the thoughts were unwelcomed. He thought about the group Yori was so insistent about.

The fact that Fumiko was also a part of the group.

The new abode they were supposed to live in for the rest of their high school lives.

The school he would choose.

It was almost a given that Maiko would choose Shiratorizawa. Ayano and Alessandro had clearly expressed money wasn't an issue, especially with Claire supporting them on the side. Ayano even mentioned Fumiko would feel better with someone she knew going to the same school.

Of course, Mamoru was told he was free to join them or choose another school since there were a total of three schools within walking distance.

Shiratorizawa, Karasuno, and Aoba Johsai.

Shiratorizawa was a difficult school to get into. You either got in through a sports scholarship or through their exams, which were notoriously difficult. Mamoru had almost no doubt the three of them could test in, but he had reservations about high reputation schools. The arrogance from some of the students could easily be molded into something dangerous.

Karasuno was not the best choice in terms of academics when compared to the two other schools. However, it was more laid-back, though not without control.

Aoba Johsai was a private school. It was the farthest of the three schools.

He sighed and covered his eyes with his hand. Too much to think about.

The creak of his door made him sit up, seeing Maiko. "Are you wondering about which school to go to?"

Perhaps twintuition did exist....

"Yes." Maiko skirted inside and sat on his bed, leaning against Mamoru. "I'm guessing you're going to Shiratorizawa with Fumiko?"

Maiko was silent for a moment. Mamoru cleared up something for her. "Maiko. You do not have to follow me everywhere. Whether we go to different schools or not, we will always come back here at the end of the day."

She glanced at him, still a little apprehensive. "But..."

"But nothing," he said gently. "If you're scared of going to a new school by yourself, don't be. You have Fumiko, whom I'm sure is just as nervous. It's a good school."

Maiko fidgeted in his spot. "Where are you thinking about?"

He leaned against the wall and closed his eyes. "I'm thinking about Karasuno."

"Karasuno?" Maiko's pale brows furrowed together in thought. "The black, orange, and white one. Crows?"

He nodded absently, linking his fingers together then undoing the weave. "It's not that far from here. And they're less uptight about reputation than the other schools."

Maiko wasn't stupid nor naïve. No matter what it seemed like to others, she was a lot smarter than she came on. Mamoru was clearly traumatized and she was well aware of it.

Some people would laugh if they didn't know his situation. Mamoru had a difficult time falling in love with something. But when he did fall for it, he fell hard. It was one of the reasons why he was so closed off.

"You can't miss what you never had," he would always say. But if you never loved something, then you never lived, Claire would counter.

Maiko nudged his side with an elbow. "Sounds like a nice school," she smiled. "Who knows? Maybe you'll be happy there."