Physical Affection (Miyagi Edition)

Lately, everyone had been unusually touchy-feely.

The first person to initiate the strange ritual was Daichi. He'd gotten wind that Mamoru actually willingly volunteered to read a passage in English and he'd ruffled his head affectionately, cooing praises.

At first, he thought nothing of it. Daichi was very friendly to everyone.

But for something else, Nishinoya would bound over to him in a koala hug, screeching compliments.

And then another day, Yamaguchi kissed him on the cheek. He was surprised at the sudden action, but more concerned at how red his face had gotten.

"Mamoru!" He turned around, waiting for Sugawara, Daichi, and Tanaka to catch up to him. Hinata and Kageyama follow close behind, sniping at each other like usual. Sugawara makes a beeline for him, beaming. "How are you?"

"Alright?" Mamoru was confused over his question. He'd asked him this question earlier this morning. "How are you, Sugawara-san?"

"Great," he chirped, lacing his fingers with Mamoru's. Sugawara smiled a lopsided smile and pulled him along down the hill. "Let's go get some meat buns together."

Mamoru uttered no opposition and allowed himself to be led by Sugawara's happy figure.

Before, he had shuddered when someone touched him. Skin to skin contact made him uncomfortable.

But lately, he didn't realize how much he craved physical affection. Soft skin, calloused palms, gentle shoulder bumping, he didn't realize how nice it felt.

To curb his own yearning, he laced his own fingers against Sugawara's just a smidgen tighter as if to reassure himself he was right there.

And then Kageyama slid his own hand into Mamoru's other hand, face flushed red and looking the other way.

Mamoru didn't say anything, but he squeezed his hand once, gently.

When they arrived at the Sakanoshita Store, Sugawara offered to go get the meat buns. Kageyama got into a fight with Hinata and slipped his hand from Mamoru's to shake the poor boy by his shoulders.

For a moment, he mourned the loss of warmth from his hands. He shivered once, then shakes himself out to recollect himself.

But it wasn't long until he felt two arms wrap around his torso and a head settle on his shoulder. Daichi's gentle breathing warmed his neck.

"Cold, Mamoru?" He asked quietly, a mischievous sparkle in his golden eyes. Mamoru nodded stiffly before letting his body relax into Daichi's chest.

He was very warm.

Daichi subtly breathed in, enjoying the soft floral scent emanating from the boy. Sugawara came out faster than normal, holding out three paper bags of buns.

Behind him, Yamaguchi and Tsukishima walked up to them. Sugawara handed everyone a meat bun, humming under his breath while he laced his fingers with Mamoru again while Daichi went to break up Hinata and Kageyama fight before they could get yelled at again.

Knowing Mamoru had a twin who liked meat buns, Sugawara handed Mamoru a small bag in his free hand. "For your guardians and your sister."

With one hand laced with Sugawara's and his other holding the bag, he can't exactly eat, but he doesn't mind. Selfishly, Mamoru didn't want to let go of Sugawara's hand because it was warm and he didn't want to put the paper bag in his school back. Everything would smell like meat buns if he did.

His stomach growled, embarrassingly loud. Mamoru flushed red and ducked his head, praying no one heard that, but as usual, it didn't happen.

"Oh, is the Ice King hungry?"