ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚𝟛

Mamoru's eyes widened slightly. From what gathered, Kageyama was a very talented volleyball player. This school must have been quite prestigious to reject his application.

Or perhaps, Hinata had been overreacting.

"You didn't make it?" Hinata asked in disbelief, tilting his head. "Even though you're the King of the Court?"

Both Mamoru and Kageyama winced. Akashi flashed through his mind, bearing down on him with his dangerously bright eyes. He would absolutely love to be called Emperor to his face.

Kageyama gritted his teeth and his lips curled in a snarl. "Don't...call me that!"

"Huh?"

Outside voices were heard just as the door slid open. The three in the gym turned to face the door, where three more people stood.

A kind looking boy with light gray hair smiled at them in a motherly fashion.

The black-haired boy smiled at them warmly, a look of interest in his eyes. He instantly knew he was the captain judging by the proud stance and the assertive air.

Mamoru searched for a hint of something that may have been similar to Akashi's interested look. He found none and relaxed slightly.

The third boy had hair buzzed short and had a wild expression on his face, his mouth bared in a snarl and his head tilted up most likely to assert some sort of dominance.

Mamoru, who had seen some truly aggressive faces, didn't find him scary at all. It was more amusing than terrifying.

The said buzzed-haired man stepped forward, a rumble in his tone. "Hey! Who said you could-ack!"

The male in the middle yanked him back by the collar and smiled at them like he didn't just choke his teammate. "You're Kageyama?" He asked, releasing the bald boy and stepping towards him.

"Osu," Kageyama said respectfully, dipping his head.

The gray-haired boy and the captain appraised the boy. "You're quite tall," the gray-haired one murmured, impressed. Mamoru glanced back at Kageyama, noting he was actually taller than himself almost by another inch.

The three volleyball players weren't that far off either. All three of them were pretty tall.

"He needs an initiation, Suga-san," the bald one declared, his eyes narrowed.

Mamoru watched Hinata crab walk around the group as if to decide the best way to approach them since they took no notice of him. He felt a little sorry for him, but he was sure the others weren't purposefully forgetting him.

He was like Kuroko in a sense.

"Let's give him a reason to be intimidated by us third years!"

He lifted his head a little higher and sneered at Kageyama, who didn't flinch.

"Tanaka, stop making that face," the captain sighed.

Hinata straightened up and exclaimed, "Osu!"

But no one took any notice. Mamoru inhaled a breath, trying not to let out a laugh. Poor Hinata was just like Kuroko.

"How tall are you?" The captain asked curiously.

"180 centimeters," he answered.

"Oh," Suga(?) said in awe.

"You're cocky, aren't you?" Tanaka sneered.

"HELLO!" Hinata successfully grabbed their attention as his voice echoed in the empty gym.

"Huh?" Tanaka stared at him before pointing aggressively. "Oh! You!"