ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚𝟚

The first day of school was a little nerve wracking, though he concealed it.

Mamoru skipped his morning jog that day. If his leg wasn't bouncing, his fingers were twitching as if he were going through a withdrawal.

He double checked his black gakuran was on correctly before heading downstairs. He ran into Maiko on the way.

"Look, Moru! Isn't it pretty?" She gave an excited twirl, showing off her pleated maroon skirt. The Shiratorizawa uniform was very similar to Teiko's, though instead of light blue it was maroon.

"Very pretty," Mamoru agreed, patting her head. "But try not to flash someone please."

Maiko nodded seriously. "I'll be careful."

The three kids met up in the kitchen for breakfast, where Ayano was setting the table. "Oh good, you're all here," she sighed. "Can one of you wake Alessandro?"

Mamoru volunteered. He discovered Alessandro was a ridiculously heavy sleeper. Once he was asleep, he was like a rock that no man could wake.

But Mamoru had lots of practice with waking Claire.

He slipped out a piece of ice from the ice tray in the kitchen and went back upstairs. He could hear the snoring before he even made it upstairs. Mamoru pushed open the door and looked inside.

Alessandro was sleeping on his front.

Good.

Without much care (he was supposed to be waking the man up anyway), he slipped the ice cube down his shirt.

He counted to seven before Alessandro began to wake with a shout. "Freddo!"

Once, Mamoru asked what it meant and was told cheekily, it meant "cold".

"Mamoru," Alessandro groaned, tossing the half-melted ice cube back to him. "What time is it?"

"Time to eat."

He cracked an eye open lazily. "Haha, so funny. I'm up."

"I mean no offense, but that's what you said thirty minutes ago."

He didn't receive an answer, but a rather obnoxious snore. It was time to bring out the big guns.

"Ayano said she would make you eat natto if you didn't get up within five minutes."

Alessandro was in the bathroom the moment he mentioned natto.

Mamoru couldn't blame him. Natto was disgusting in his opinion. It was fermented soybeans that gave off a very pungent smell and an astringent taste. The thing Mamoru hated most about it was the slimy, sticky texture that he didn't like.

Maiko didn't even eat it and she ate everything.

"Alessandro's coming down soon," Mamoru informed as he sat down. They all heard the rumble of footsteps and the disheveled man popped into view, his tie half tied and his collar haphazardly folded.

"I'm here," he said weakly. "Don't make me eat natto."

Ayano rolled her eyes good-naturedly. "Natto's not that bad," she sighed exasperatedly.

Fumiko wrinkled her nose delicately, but didn't say anything.

After they ate, Ayano handed them all a bento in a colorful cloth. Mamoru and Maiko received a checkered black and white bento while Fumiko was given one covered in purple. "Have fun at school," she said hurriedly, slipping on her shoes.

It was a little surprising at first, but Ayano was the breadwinner of the house. Alessandro stayed at home to keep an eye on things and for maintenance so it was well-balanced.