ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟞𝟝

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

You know just what to say, things that scare me

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Sitting on the balcony overseeing the current match brings memories.

Mamoru rests his forearms against the rails, watching the rally next to Hinata. Some of the team were talking about the game, others were collecting themselves silently.

He looks over to Hinata, then gives a start at the sight. Even if he knows the answer, he has to ask anyway. "Are you...alright?"

At his concern, several others turn around to look at the shorter boy. Hinata's pale and gaunt like a man in the peak of his exile. Mamoru pats down his pockets and then his bag, pulling out his favored lavender scented handkerchief.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

I should just walk away, but I can't move my feet

The more that I know you, the more I want to

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

He hands them to Hinata, concerned with the green tinge to his pale skin. Hinata holds one arm to his stomach and the other with the handkerchief to his nose. "Do you need the restroom? A bag?"

"No...Just give me a minute..." comes his bemoaned response. And then, a little quieter in a mumble, "It smells nice, like you."

Mamoru makes a tiny noise in the back of his throat before he can squash it. He doesn't have anything to say to that.

Hinata had already thrown up on the bus on the way there (again), which is probably why he hadn't made a beeline for the restroom. Although Mamoru's surprised that Hinata could eat pork cutlets for breakfast before a big day. Protein was good, but not when it was fried, and certainly not when you were prone to nerves.

Like clockwork, Kageyama picks up on Hinata's bad decisions and fires off a list of "idiot, you idiot, moron" which he tunes out. There's no actual malice in his voice anyways.

Yamaguchi retches lightly, turning green as he turns his mouth behind a hand. "Thinking about Hinata puking makes me want to throw up," he groans, miserable.

"M-me too," Asahi mutters, face pale with nerves. Well, he expected that one. "Everyone's so nervous, it's making me nervous..."

"I thought you were concentrating, but you were just holding back from throwing up?!" Sugawara cries in dismay.

Mamoru rummages through his bag and brings out a little pouch. "I have ginger candy if anyone's feeling nauseous."

"Look at you," Ennoshita says, delighted. "You're so dependable, Mamoru."

Mamoru ducks his head. There's a flutter in his stomach, and he's not sure what it is exactly. Maybe he's getting nervous too.

"I need to pee," Hinata exclaims, already making way for the restroom. He places the handkerchief on top of his bag as he makes his way out.

Sugawara looks between Asahi and Yamaguchi, both green with nausea but sucking on ginger candy. Both their faces are scrunched up by the sharp taste. "Mamoru, can you..."