ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟙𝟙

"Why are you, in fact, standing there?! If you screened there, I would've been completely open!"

"Huh?" Murasakibara snarled and gave Midorima an irked look. "Why would I need to do something so tiresome when all you need to do is pass to me, Mido-chin?"

The two got up close to each other and stood there in a standoff. Mamoru sighed at the disagreement the two were having. He plopped himself on the floor in a cross-legged fashion and settled his head in his hands.

Midorima and Murasakibara both made a move to fist a hand in each other's shirt. "It's better for me to make the shot!" They both shouted.

One of the members ran over screaming "stop fighting" as Mamoru huffed. Silly, utterly silly.

"What in the world are they doing?" Sanada asked, sounding tired.

"Hey, what'll you do, Captain Akashi?" Nijimura sighed, aggravated. He nudged Mamoru, who was still on the floor, to get up with his leg.

"Let's observe a bit more."

"I've had it!"

"Me too!"

Mamoru watched as Kuroko trotted over with a disgruntled look. "Please stop fighting! Even I could win against both of you as you are now."

At the discreet challenge, Midorima and Murasakibara shut up and settled their furious gaze upon Kuroko. With their attention, he added, "I'll prove it to you if we play a match after practice."

Kuroko explained the rules. "First to ten with these teams win."

"So we're supposed to show our teamwork and win, right?" Aomine grinned, excited for a game.

Mamoru watched as Aomine, Kuroko, and Kise donned a blue bib as one team. Akashi and the two bickering boys were on the other team.

"Aka-chin, are you slacking off on purpose?" Murasakibara huffed, shoulders heaving from the heavy breathing.

"Of course not," Akashi replied calmly. "I'm playing as I usually do."

"Jeez."

Nijimura looked at Mamoru, who was still on the floor. He raised a thin eyebrow. "You didn't want to play?"

Mamoru looked up at him. "I do," he admitted. "But I think Kuroko's trying to settle a point. I don't mind watching though."

The former captain knelt down beside him, squatting. "We have no use for players who are not proactive," he warned quietly.

"I'm well aware, Nijimura-senpai," Mamoru murmured, sparing the older boy a glance. "But I think my past performance speaks for itself."

The two watched as the ball flew towards Aomine (courtesy of Kuroko's famous pass), who was already in the air, ready for a slam dunk.

But Kise was there too.

Both of them were shocked at the sight of each other reaching for the ball. So shocked, that the ball went unnoticed by either of them and it bounced out of bounds.

Aomine and Kise landed hard on the floor, the air knocked out of their chest.

"Ow," Aomine wheezed, propping himself up with a hand. "What was that, Kise?! That was my return pass from Tetsu!"

"What was that?" Kise squawked angrily, scrambling upright. "Anyway you see it, that was mine!"

Aomine stood up and got in Kise's face when he did the same.