ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟝𝟟

Author's Note: Double update, because you guys are awesome! Thank you so, so much!

----------------------------------------------

"Mamoru-kun."

He looked up, seeing Sugawara's warm look. Mamoru couldn't place how he felt against the setter, but he felt like freshly-baked cookies, soft and warm. Still, he felt a sense of shame creep through his cheeks and he lowered his gaze.

"We're not blaming you," Sugawara said softly. He handed him his bag, then held his hand. Sugawara clasped his hands over his own and smiled genuinely. "Hey, come talk with us?"

He nodded woodenly and followed Sugawara. Mamoru let Sugawara lead him around by hand to Tanaka, Daichi, and Asahi, who were talking by the window.

Asahi smiled softly, dipping his head in greeting. "Good morning, Mamoru."

"Good morning, Asahi-san," he murmured.

"Hey." Tanaka patted him on the shoulders. "Don't worry about last night. I would've punched them myself. I gave them a good lecture myself."

"I didn't mean to hit them so hard," he said miserably, hanging his head. Mamoru flinched at the sudden contact when Daichi placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. He lifted his head to see the captain smiling.

"It's not the first time they'll fight," he mentioned, an odd look on his face. "If we need to beat some sense into them, then we should. If not, they'll just beat each other up like last night."

Mamoru could tell they were trying to cheer him up. He felt a smile twitch at his lips. Much to his chagrin, Sugawara caught that. "You smiled!"

Tanaka cried out in distress. "What?! Do it again, I blinked!"

Mamoru ducked his face and hurriedly excused himself, ears flushing pink. He hurried to his seat and greeted Yachi, who seemed a lot less concerned now that she knew he was more or less alright.

He never saw a hair of Kageyama or Hinata during school. Since practice was canceled, there was no reason to congregate in the area.

So Mamoru left. He plugged in his earbuds and walked.

He had no destination in particular, but he found himself walking towards where the sun shined on the concrete bench. Like a sleepy cat, he lounged on the stone, soaking in the sun.

It was nice for thirty seconds, until he heard shouting.

"Please, Oikawa-san! Please!"

Oh God, no.

"Takeru."

"What?"

"Take a picture."

Mamoru sighed, trying to find a reason to stay where he was. He didn't really want to see Oikawa, but he felt bad for the person he was bullying.

His inner protector won out and he trotted up the stairs.

Oh.

A little kid snapped a picture as he stood behind Kageyama and Oikawa was doing a peace sign. He blinked at Mamoru and said, "Who're you?"

Oikawa turned towards Mamoru and his face lightened up. "Moru-chan!"

He shuddered at the nickname, but most of his focus was on Kageyama, who straightened up so fast, he swore he heard his back crack. "Mamoru-san, I'm sorry about last night!"

Flustered, Mamoru waved a hand awkwardly. "It's...ah, well, I'm sorry I hit you...and Hinata-kun."

"You hit Kageyama?" Oikawa sounded way too delighted for his taste. "That's amazing."