GOING ON HIATUS

GOING ON HIATUS

Insouciant will be going on hiatus. I know this isn't the happy notification you were hoping for, but I'm going to set this book on hiatus now for three main reasons:

ONE: I'm going to revamp this book because there's WAY too many holes and it's throwing me off as I continue to write. I also read back on some of my older chapters and I'm cringing. My original inputs (Yori, Mari, Hitoshi, the Rossis, and the music group mentioned) will be deleted.

The new book will be separate from the old one. I won't overwrite or delete the old one because I'd like something to compare it to when I feel like my writing's shit. And maybe some of you liked the older one, I dunno. I want you to know Insouciant was not a planned story at all.

I intended this to be just a practice/fuel-my-addiction book, so I was just throwing out chapters for fun and it was a HQ/KnB thing because I was into it at the time. I never thought it'd get so popular, so now I feel the need to put more thought into it.

TWO: I'm going to have to put this book on the back burner because I'm also busy creating an original paranormal story (which I'm hoping to publish one day), and because of family issues. My grandfather just passed away as of December 2023, so my family and I are busy overseeing funeral arrangements.

And as I'm getting older, I'm getting more responsibilities, school and family. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier in the year, which meant a lot of her duties fell to me. Additionally, the treatment she's on now makes her a bit foggy in the head, which means I do a lot of the driving since she's technically a danger to herself and others—It's really not that bad, but we would rather be safe than sorry.

On a side note, cherish your parents (unless they're abusive, then No). I didn't realize I took my mom for granted until I was faced with the possibility she could die (if not die, then suffer through chemo, and what child wants that for their parent?). I realized, then, how short life could be for anyone. My mom was the one who encouraged my writing from the start. She's literally the one keeping me going. When I was told she had cancer, I was terrified.

THREE: I will write chapters in advance so I can try to push out chapters on a slightly more regulated schedule.

ROMANCE ASPECT

I will keep the poly relationship as per the wishes of the readers, but in return, the physical affection will largely be contained to minor cuddles, hand-holding, soft kisses, etc for three main reasons.

One: These guys are still in high school, very young people. Two: It's rare that people just bounce back from trauma like that (and the Shirai haven't even had therapy regarding that), so I don't believe they would just fall into affection like that, hence the extreme slowburn. Three: There's simply too many characters spread across Japan to have a ton of romance, so it'll be more soft than you might have been expecting.

And adding to Reason Three, (I know some of you will be sad, I'm SORRY), I will also have to cut down on the romance partners. Since Mamoru's story will stay within a certain location, the poly-relationships will stay with Aoba Johsai, Karasuno, Nekoma, Fukurodani, and Shiratorizawa.

Within those teams, I'm going to shorten it down to some characters, most likely captains and vice captains. I know I'm going back on my word from before, but I would rather have quality over quantity. Still technically going to keep it poly though, just for you guys. As it is, the affection will be spread out and hasty due to the vast numbers.

MOST LIKELY (not 100%), what's going to happen with those I left out (at least the more main characters), I'll make oneshots for them.

STORY/CANON ASPECT

Before, I think I said I would attempt to follow canon unless something keeps me away from it. Well, this would be it. The new book will not follow canon entirely. I'll be giving you an ending that will leave off with them still in high school, but with established relationships. But it won't follow the anime (which I was following along) which means at some point, it's going to come to an end before they finish animating the manga.

The main reason for this change is due to the fact I don't want to keep making anymore excuses. I don't want to leave this book off a cliffhanger (because I honestly hate it when I'm reading something and it hasn't been updated for years—I'm very guilty of that). I told you that you would get an ending one way or another, this would be "another".

Since the book is getting a major (and I mean, MAJOR) fix, you can expect the story to run differently. So when/if you read this again, you'll have new surprises among the old.

IF YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC EVENT that happened in this book that you liked in this book—that you would like to see in the revamped one—let me know. No guarantee it'll make the cut, but I'll see what I can do.

READING MY OTHER WORKS

If you enjoyed my writing, know that I will still be writing and that I am always improving. I'm not capable of working on one fic, as my mind wanders constantly. From here on out, I'll most likely be writing in AO3 until I start posting Insouciant again.

It's my stress-relief writing, so you won't find them on Quotev or Wattpad. They're mostly short fanfictions of fandoms I'm into. It's mostly Bleach works at the moment. If you're interested, just type "EdenValian" into the search bar. You'll find me.

Also, that account holds better works since they're short and more well-thought out. I'm very proud of those.

!!POLL!!

Comment the number you prefer so I can see the preference, thank you! 

1. Write side chapters/crack chapters in a separate book

2. Keep side chapters/crack chapters in the same book, spread apart like this one.

I think that's most of what I wanted to say—I always end up realizing I forgot to mention something after I post things ;-; 

Thank you so much for your patience and support! I will be back with improved writing, just wait and see. Thank you for your understanding. Have a wonderful day/night!