3°/ Igbo Sisters

Ummm... We're so close to 2k already. I.. I...😥❤️

Guys, thank you for reading this book. I'd LOVE for you guys to check out my friend's book IsabellaEliaz 'Call me fire', you guys would love😥❤️

~DABI~

I gasped, nearly had a heart attack when Chika adruptly slammed a powerful fist into her punching bag.

Each hard punch caught me unawares everytime and gave me short seconds of extreme anxiety, and in all honesty, I'd be surprised if she hadn't formed a crater in that thing

Chika wasn't even noticing my reactions, she was too focused, too busy, punching away at the poor innocent thing with a force that absolutely stunned me more and more with each hard blow.

It was just me and the busy 'boxer girl' in her bedroom that evening, and having nothing else to do, I'd been watching her - black bra top and joggers on, brown hair, roughly packed up in a messy bun, light skin, glistening with sweat, forming muscles, tensing and relaxing, face that was too pretty for such horrific punches, squeezed in a focused scowl, and knuckles, reddening each time she slammed away at the punching bag, but it didn't seem to faze her. Not at all.

Apparently, Soma had picked me up from dance class this evening to get me here. As usual, that was my heavenly abode and I had to escape for a while to dance class to find my peace for a moment.

I found it hard to sleep well last night. Even after my mental break down, I couldn't stop thinking about Mum. I didn't even have the energy to drag myself into the bathroom for a shower that night, and I ended up dozing off on my littered floor, and it was only when it hit 6 am in the morning that my eyes shut open.

Mum didn't have any problem with me leaving the house. She almost looked like she didn't care.

And as Soma had promised that she would yesterday, she took me over to Chika's place, all in preparation for this party tonight that literally all my classmates had been making so much noise about.

I felt unsettled within, literally cringed and shivered over and over, each time I thought about seeing my classmates again. Infact, every time I thought about the fact that school was in three days, I lost my peace - if I really had any, to be honest.

While home was hell, school was a close competitor. It was a fucking jungle out there.

"Oh, God," I muttered to myself, the sounds of Chika's punches trailed off as I pressed my palms to my face as the sickening reminder of hell hole called 'School' haunted me.

It was like we were all playing a survival of the fittest game - the rush to fit into an acceptable social clique, the horrible pressure of social anxiety, the fear of being an outcast, fear of failing to make it into the social hierarchy rank system. And God, even bigger fear of staying in this hierarchy and maintaining status quo. No one wanted to be 'unworthy'.

Personally, school gave me a strange feeling of unprotection. That's why I couldn't be caught dead without my friends, or atleast Chika, by my side at all times. That was the only way I could feel completely secure. That was the only way I could feel like I didn't have to attack for defense.

I couldn't walk alone. Being alone, without my protection, be it a sharp object or my friends, made me feel way too vulnerable, open for attack. It felt like the judging eyes seemed more alert, scrutinising my every deed and movement of mine.. And then, the snide poisonous lips as well, whispering in tones my sharp sense of hearing could easily pick, constantly talking about how odd I was from my group of friends.