55°/ In the Midst of the Storm

Yo!🤞

Update came a day early!❤️❤️

Oh, and quick warning; Slow down and read this chapter, because it tells a LOT and low-key foreshadows ❤️❤️.

~ACHA~

"Have you heard from your friend, Sean?"

There was a ton going on on my mind when my Mum's voice just barged into the barrage of thoughts in my head, taking me completely off-guard for a moment.

"Have you?" She asked me, stood there at the door of my room with folded arms, as she waited for me to answer her question.

I couldn't count how many times Mum had asked me this question today already. She asked me in the morning, and before I went to School for Saturday Lessons, and  after I had brought Dabeluchi home from School that same day too.

Dabeluchi - I had been so worried about her since I had brought her back from School today.

I wasn't in School today, I didn't bother going. Dabeluchi called me up soon after the Saturday Lessons were done and dusted, and when I had gone to meet her in School, she dropped me a text that she was in the School clinic, told me a haphazard story about the Twins dropping her there and staying with her for support, and before I could fully grasp her point, I was already growing a massive headache and an unhealthy anxiety level.  

The twins were not with her when I got there, but I didn't find it difficult finding her anyway. However, the moment, I did - The moment I found Dabeluchi, laying on that ward bed, face onto pillow, and hands, sprawled weakly upon the sheets, and her breath, slow and deeper in her sleep, I thought I was going to run mad on the spot.

I remember feeling her skin upon mine and I was shocked when the temperature of her skin had stung me, appalled at the alarming and sudden measure she had been consumed by fever - or at least, I suspected it was Fever, her body was hot. Too hot.

But, she seemed fine when we talked over the phone in the morning...

What had happened?

Dabeluchi refused to tell me anything.

I begged her all through out the ride home and most of the time, she shunned me with a baseless and clearly unbelievable response, claiming she was 'okay'.

She swore she was fine and it was only after a little bit more pressure that she eventually let out the word, telling me that she had started a terrible fever in School, and having the thought that Dabeluchi would never lie to me, I was going to have believe her. 

Until I noticed that not only had she looked increasingly disturbed through out the entire ride, but also, most of it, she constantly kept moving from side to side and aching from what I had perceived to have been back pains. 

So, I knew she was lying. I knew something had happened. I only wondered why she wasn't telling me.

She seemed already too distressed, and the most I could do was pressure her less, and just hold her. So, all through the ride, I sat with her in the back seat, holding her closely to myself, and cuddling ever so gently, trying to be as soft and tender as I could to avoid holding her, and she stayed with me, in my arms.

Slowly, slowly, she had fallen asleep on me. I held her dearly to myself, feeling every thump of our heart beats resonating between us, as she snored so softly on me, resting her head perfectly onto my chest like it was a comfortable pillow, and cuddling me back with the softest, smallest hands I had ever known.