61°/ Code Red

Hey, family. It's been a million years!

So, first off, how are you all??? And how has life been treating you??

Did you miss these guys here?? Because God knows me I missed them sha oo😭♥️

And I wasn't supposed to update until 20th, buttttt, I was so happy with the way the reads of this book was growing while I was away that I promised to update before the time I was meant to. So, guys, here I am!♥️

I think you'll enjoy this chapter.😌 It may raise your BP smalllll, but you'll enjoy it, I'm certain. 😌♥️

~DABI~

Weird.

Something was so off about the house, but I couldn't exactly pin it down.

I had ignored how full it looked outside, with the new cars parked up and bags all around it, having it somewhere deep in my mind that once again, Marcus Acha had a visitor in his home that he did not tell me about.

On a norm, I would be dead scared. I would have my whole life flash before my eyes over and over again, and my soul jump out of my body a thousand times for me to die and resurrect.

But, why was I so calm walking in here? I had no idea.

Was it the fact that there was that little voice at the back of my head that whispered it to me that there was no way that after Sean, and especially JJ had seen me here in Marc's house the other day, there was no need. The were going to spread the word.

I mean, that horrified me, and although I tried to wade off all the feelings of panic and get the thoughts and imagery of it out of my head, it did scare me a lot. Scared me to the extent that I was almost ready to face it and get it over with already. Scared me to the extent that I felt absolutely numb as I thought of the possibilities of walking into the house to another one of my classmates from Castron High.

So, maybe, that was why I was not scared of this 'visitor'.

It did, however, come off to me as odd how quiet the house seemed to be.

"So quiet," I whispered to myself and could nearly hear my own voice echo around the Large spaced living room.

It was not unlikely for the house to be quiet, considering that the only people who lived in this vast space was Mama Acha and Marc. However, it was too silent. Too silent that it was deafening. Too silent that it was suspicious.

That was it. I started to get suspicious.

Whatever made my legs to walk on up the stairway that led upstairs, I had not a clue. But I made my way there with an aim to get to my room, have my bath, and dress up for school today.

So, I took one step.

Another step.

A third step.

And a fourth-

Whoosh!

I was in the air.