TOO MANY BROKEN THINGS

In a world where home is equivalent to Hell, and school is a society, reeking of vanity, where social hierarchy and the madness to maintain status quo is a much bigger deal than it should be, anyone is bound to lose their goddamn mind.

Two broken teenagers, living the same fucked up reality, and struggling to know who they are, find solace, and a means of escape, with each other.

Meet Dabeluchi Orji, the weirdest girl to even exist in human history - an invisible certificate of award well earned and given to her by her judgemental classmates. You've probably not met her type - the girl who talks to herself, looks and acts queer, and has that never leaving rumor, following her around, claiming she must be mentally deranged, after she apparently had brutally attacked a classmate in junior school, with a mathset compass.

Even after finding validation and getting accepted into a group that is deemed socially worthy, Dabeluchi still experiences the brunt of social discrimination and oppression, as she is well known to be the "odd one" in her clique, or in other words, the girl who was accepted out of sheer pity.

Marcus Acha may be the most competitive teenager to ever exist. A young man with narcissistic traits that were anything, but helpful to him.

Luckily, he fits in perfectly into social standards because of his good looks, brains, and natural sports talent.

However, Acha happens to be a mere slave to his own social life, aiming to climb above the social ladder, and always trying -in vain- to be the best at everything he does. Mere inferiority complex, disguised as Ego, is the main cause of his misguidance in his pursuit of life, and a future.

Dabeluchi and Acha have one thing in common - the struggle to know and understand who they are, and a fucked up home that no teenager would want to grow up in. This, being the very reason for their messed up mindsets.

Being in two different worlds, the last thing on their minds is to cross each other's path. Well, some things that happen aren't exactly planned, right?

One night.

One night was enough for Dabeluchi and Acha to connect.

One night was enough to leave imprints and impacts.

One night was enough to love.

One night was enough to hate.

One night was enough to conspire.

And one night was enough for a group of teenagers to single handedly make decisions they will literally 'fuck them up' and open up a new part of their lives that may be too much for them to handle.

One night was enough to complicate their lives - one innocent night of partying and fun.

Together, these teenagers realise that even while things aren't rosy, there's always a reason to smile and love.

Dabeluchi and Acha realise the gravity and importance of surrounding themselves with positive energy... the essence of looking at the bright side of things. They realise the depth and importance of self love, accepting yourself even if no one else does, being yourself even in a world that dares you not to.

However, things may not really be as easy for the duo to survive in this quest of 'forbidden' love.

Will this union leave them in utter ecstacy, or will it leave them even more broken than they ever were?

This is a story about beautiful friendship and heart melting love. It will make you laugh, cry, laugh and cry all over again, rethink your circle of friends, and just get you wishing you found your damn soulmate already!

I can't wait to embark on this journey with you all. Comment 'bring it', if you're ready for TMBT!!

Songs for this book;

OBLIVION by Labrynth

To Be Young by Anne Marie and Doja Cat

All for us by Labrynth and Zendaya