30a°/ Polygraph Lie Detector

DOUBLE UPDATES!!!! (Just gimme some minutes, the next update will be here soon)

These chapters are particularly sooo exciting to write 'cause I'd love to see how attentive y'all are! Let's see how much you can pick up from these characters!

Oh, and in my last chapter, who noticed my mention of Crestview International Academy from the new book that Iyanuoluwa-Temi will soon be bringing to Wattpad??????????
(I was screaming yesterday because she officially decided to make that character 'Kristin' the sibling of one of her main characters!! Love you, Tem Tem😫😫🔥🔥)

~DABI~

"So, this is how the Polygraph Lie Detector works, you attach all these to your thumbs and other parts of your body, and I connect it to Dabi's Laptop, and when you're asked a question, if you say the answer, it observes reactions from your body like your blood pressure, changes in breathing pattern, or sweating on your palms, to determine if you're saying the truth or telling a lie...."

I can't believe I had a chance to run away and I missed it.

Soma was the one elaborating to us how the Lie Detector worked. Aaron and Casper were looking at it like the thing were a biological specimen. Chika looked highly fascinated by it. The twins, who had long joined us and were seemingly 'back to normal' watched quietly, both girls, looking something in between impressed or amused.

"So, how are we supposed to be sure it's a hundred percent accurate?" Krisdana, however, seemed skeptical as she observed the things that Soma had displayed for us to see on the table.

The fact that Krisdana Moe actually ditched her cousin in a heartbeat to play this little game Soma had come up with was what I didn't understand. A part of me felt she was staying because she felt obligated to, especially after meeting the twin's baby brother, a few minutes ago.

She had bought the food she was supposed to buy, tossed it into the car that had her cousins inside, and didn't even bother to explain what was happening as she just dumped them to come sit with us.

Well. Ivandor, her cousin, eventually drove off without her. Nigga clearly didn't have the strength to be stressed. Figures, he looked like someone who didn't like to be bothered by a lot of things.

"Well, Kris.." Soma started to explain. "Of course, a lie detector is never a hundred percent accurate. But you have to be a professional, almost criminal liar to be able to beat it."

"Interesting." Ebere mused, seemed to be amused by Soma's statement.

"Yeah, but then what if you're saying the truth, and it says it's a lie?" Casper asked Soma.

Soma frowned. "That can't happen!"

"Yes, it can," Krisdana countered. "You said it determines a lie or truth from reactions our body gives like our blood pressure, changes in breathing pattern, or sweating on your palms -"

"It's the fact that she remembered everything Soma said in the exact order for me," Chika conspiringly whispered to Aaron.

"Nerd!" Aaron chuckled and conspiringly whispered back to Chika, play mocking Krisdana who just rolled her eyes at the goof.