8a°/ Champagnes and Conspiracies

Yoooo!! Thia chapter HAD to be divided into two, but okey-dokey😌

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OOO❗❗❗

~ACHA~

Sean confuses me.

Ironic how I'm supposed to have been childhood friends with this guy, and still some of his actions are still difficult to fully comprehend. 

Okay, so recap, yeah; The party seemingly ended about thirty minutes ago - not like there was an official closing announcement or anything, it just felt so. You know that natural feeling you get when something has come to an end.

So, I could still hear the loud Wizkid song was still booming from downstairs, and as I strolled down, hands in my pocket, invisible cloak over my head, walking down the hallways to a room (53) that Sean had repeatedly resounded in my ear that he had met Yure one on one to book for only us, the loud music was literally rumbling the grounds beneath me and in this atmosphere where it was completely devoid of classmates, I felt a certain amount of peace that I had missed since I got here.

It was barely a few minutes past midnight, and some, most of my classmates and the Maranathans were either passed out from alcohol and sleeping like wretched losers on the living room floor, while the others were busy filling up the guest rooms upstairs, properly setting up for the sleepover.

And needless to say, Sean, who wasn't happy with Kaniru or his boys, most of the night, was the same guy, jumping around with them right now, and from where I was, I could hear his loud ass voice, even over the music, from the floor beneath me, shouting in elation, at the top of his lungs, with the boys I thought he was supposed to be furious with, lol.

You see? I couldn't bring myself to understand his motives sometimes.

Sean never 'pretended' to 'like' a person. He never pretended to hate anyone either. Infact, he wouldn't even pretend to be 'neutral' if he specifically liked or hated a human being. After what went down with him and Kaniru, he spent a long long time dissing the other guys and swearing to me that JJ wasn't leaving the house with the 'motherfuckers'.

So, it did come to me as a shock, when I saw Sean Ayomide popping champagnes with Affah, running and scaring other classmates for fun, in a collaborative effort with two of Kaniru's hooligans who he had nicknamed overnight 'Bobzee' and K-boy', and screaming in all his ghetto madness, with the rest of the bad gang.

Sean was, all of a sudden, too happy with the boys. And knowing that this happiness of his' was anything, but fake, it confused me. A lot.

I was almost certain something was up.

Though, a part of me just felt that Sean generally had no hard feelings towards anyone, unless they were, in any way, a threat to whatever he deemed his'. And maybe, when he felt they were no longer a threat, he was... I don't know... cool with them again, I guess? Just like that? Running around and playing with you like nothing ever happened in the first place?

Almost like a child.

Just like a child;

Failing to realise danger, or just nonchalant about it.