15°/ Messed up

Thank you for 13k reads!!!❤️❤️❤️

WHO DEY BREETTTTTTTT???!!!!

~ACHA~

"Guys, I messed up."

That was JJ's greeting to me and Sean, early morning of Resumption.

I had barely been in here for two minutes, savouring all the new attention on me - something I hadn't gotten bored of since last night - when JJ decided to put me on my toes.

I saw him from the moment he stepped into the rowdy, morning assembly hall. Tie, roughly hanging loose, shoulders slumped, huge backpack hung around one of them, face blue, whole demeanor, beaten, and I remember thinking, never had he looked more unstable on any first day of school. Ever.

I was even scared to imagine what made him this uncomfortable on the first day of the academic year for Ss3?

"I..." He looked around the noisy-as-hell hall that was almost filled up with students waiting for the first assembly of the academic year to commence, then to the few classmates around, almost like he was searching for someone. And very nervously.

"I.. really messed up," he got more nervous and I had to look around to see if there was anyone he saw that was capable of putting him in this demeanour.

"What did you do."

That was Sean.

He looked straight at JJ. Dead at him, the most zombie-looking stare ever to exist, marrying his face.

JJ, still fidgeting, took a seat from the row on front of us, turned it towards us so he could sit, facing us.

"Promise you won't shout." He said to us, funding the school bag that was on his shoulder for a few seconds, before getting it off his shoulder.

"What." Sean looked at JJ, unmoved. "Did. You. Do." He traced his dead stare carefully, down to the back pack that JJ was dropping on the floor in all his nervousness.

JJ must have swallowed.. Because the atmosphere around us was suddenly so eerie, so tensed for even me, and I had no idea what he was even about to tell us.

"Dude, talk to us." I had to urge JJ on, and he nodded, breathed, and started to open the zipper of the school bag.

Sean and I watched in silence.

JJ first got out a laptop.... Wait.

He stretched out his hands in front of us, to show us something, and my mouth dropped.

"What the fuck." Sean muttered under his breath.

In JJ's outstretched left hand was the screen of a laptop, and in his right hand was the keyboard part of a laptop..... And those parts were not conjoined to one another.

As in, this laptop was broken into two. And JJ was holding the divided parts of it, for us to see.

"Is that Nana's laptop?" I just had to ask.