Chapter 2

"You aren't no fun

"You aren't no fun."

_____________🥀____________

Naya

The sweet taste of the lucky charms and milk soaked into my taste buds. Milk drips down my chin as I chewed the softening cereal.

"Can you please!" Natalie scolds handing me a paper towel. I stopped chewing and looked up at her. I smiled with crushed cereal in my cheeks, puffing them out. She rolled her eyes and turned away from me. I stopped smiling and started chewing again. I swallowed the food.

"You want some?" I asked dipping the spoon into the bowl scooping a spoon full of lucky charms. I held the spoon over the bowl while watching her finish fixing her coffee.

"No." I rolled my eyes at her answer. 

"Good. You weren't going to get any of my food anyway." I uttered before shoved the spoon into my mouth letting the sweet taste hit my taste buds again. Heavy footsteps coming down the stairs took my attention from Natalie who was currently wiping the counter, after claiming that it was dirty. I turned my head and saw Uncle Charlie come around the wooden railing. He was dressed in normal clothes instead of his uniform. It either meant he was off today or going in a little later than usual.

"Morning Uncle Charlie." Natalie says with a smile. Her hands held a black coffee mug that she found.

"Morning." Uncle Charlie greets back passing her and going to the coffee maker. He opened the cabinet and pulled out a red mug. "You two are riding with Bella to school, right?"

He pours himself coffee and I found myself staring at the bag of apples without blinking.

"Uh, yeah we are." Natalie tells our uncle. There was a bruise on one apple, and I blink turning my gaze away from it. I swallowed my food.

"She didn't say anything about helping us to the office. Though I doubt she was even paying us any attention." I announced gaining Uncle Charlie's attention.

"Why do you say that?" He asked and I shrugged.

"She was nervous as hell like she didn't want us to find something." I admitted narrowing my eyes. But then decided I didn't care. Though it did make me curious a little. "Or see something."

Natalie rolled her eyes at what I said though I knew she knew I was right about Bella's behavior. Uncle Charlie hummed while sipping on his coffee. "That's odd."

There was nothing further said about it. Uncle Charlie and Natalie started a conversation about her vehicle arrival, school, and dinner. I finished my bowl of cereal just as I began to hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I thought nothing of it since I knew it was Bella. I stood up from the table and made my way over to the sink. I dumped out the remaining milk I didn't drink and placed my bowl in the sink.

"You girls should be heading out soon." Uncle Charlie spoke looking at his wristwatch. I looked down at mine and saw it was 6:15.

"Yeah, you're right. I should go get my stuff." Natalie said and I watched her walked out the kitchen and disappeared up the stairs in a rushed pace. My stomach turned with anxiety at the thought of going to another hellhole. I bit my tongue thinking of my plan B.

"Uncle Charlie," I called, and he hummed. "I don't feel so well."

His attention turned to me. I could see the amusement growing in his eyes. I just hoped my attempt to stay here works. Then again, he was a cop and was very good at seeing straight through my lies. But I still tried.

"Oh really?" He asked placing the back of hand on my forehead. I nodded. "You do feel a little warm. I guess you should stay home then."

"Yeah, I agree." I made a fake pout. 

"Well, I can take you to the hospital before work." Uncle Charlie told me with a growing smile. My pout dropped immediately. There were two places I hate the most, it was school and a hospital. And Uncle Charlie knows this.

"You aren't no fun." I told him walking away from him in defeat. I could hear him chuckling behind me. I started raiding the cabinets for snacks to take to school. Natalie came back down the stairs.

"Here. It's from Naya and I." Natalie told someone. I leaned back at the mention of my name. I saw her handing Bella the small white box. Bella grabs it with a small smile.

"Thanks." Bella says. I stuck my head back into the cabinet. I found a unopen box of chess-its and grabbed it. I pulled it down and closed the cabinet door.

"Thank you, guys. It's really pretty." Bella said holding up the black arrowhead necklace. I thought it was pretty cool. Though for damn fifty dollars she better wear the damn thing.

******

Starting another school was something no teenager looked forward to. As Natalie and I walked down the hallway of Forks high, I was well aware of the strange stares and low talking. My anxiety was burning in my chest leaving me almost breathless. My heart pounded faster than normal. The school looked like our last school. The only difference was the walls were white and plain looking, not red and purple. The school wasn't really impressive, though what school was. There was something about this school that didn't sit right for me. I couldn't put a finger on it.

"I think I see the office sign." Natalie told me pulling me to walk faster. Since we had walked inside the building of torture, she had kept a good tight grip on my right wrist. Probably knowing that I'd walk right back out of the building when she wasn't paying attention.

"It isn't too late to turn around and walk out." I spoke hoping to convince her to turn around and walk out the school doors with me.

"We aren't walking out." Natalie told me and I groaned lowly. "Besides if we did, the school would call Uncle Charlie asking why we didn't show up."

"I say let them call." I tell her. "We're going to get tortured and have demon teachers to do it."

"Stop being dramatic." Natalie rolled her eyes. I scoffed at being called dramatic.

"I am not dramatic bitch. I'm pointing out the shit this place was designed for!" I said pulling my wrist from her grasp. She stops and turns to look at me. The annoyance was very clear on her face.

"What Naya?" Natalie asked with a loud sigh. I scratched the spot on my cheek that itched. 

"I have a feeling about this hellhole. It isn't good." I paused while thinking of the feeling. I couldn't tell of it was good or bad. Something was here. Call it a sixth sense or whatever. "Well maybe it is good but who the hell knows. Something isn't right here."

"Are you done?" She asked locking eyes with me. I went silent knowing she thinks it's probably me trying to find a way to not go to the office. She studied my face for a moment before letting out a deep exhale. "Come on."

"Fine."