Chapter 31

"Bitch."

______________🥀_____________

Third person

Demetri turns away from the Swan residence when he smelt Carlisle and his mates scent. Leaves and sticks crunched underneath their feet as they came into Demetri's view. "Carlisle." Demetri greets, his voice monotonous. The pair of mates stopped in their tracks a few feet away from Demetri.

"Demetri," Carlisle replies. The chilling wind blows softly, carrying some stray dead leaves with it. "I'm sure you are aware of what's coming."

"If you are here to request the Volturi's help about the problems that has risen due to your covens mistakes. Then you are wasting not only your time, but mine as well." Demetri spoke. He turns his body, gazing back at the Swan residence that sheltered his mate.

"Though the Volturi's help there will be much higher chances of winning, It is not why I have came. I came to warn you about the newborns that will come for Natalie and Naya." Carlisle told Demetri. Demetri gave no reaction away. He knew newborns would come for his mate and her sister. He was angered at the fact that the Cullens was foolish to let the mate of James go after killing him. Carlisle was familiar with the murderous instinct of a mate after their mate is harmed or even killed, it was something not to be taken lightly.

"The Volturi is aware of the newborns plans." Demetri speaks eyeing his mate through the kitchen window. He wanted to be near her once again. He wanted to hold her like he did just weeks ago, and he wanted to never let her go. But he knew it wasn't the right time. "Aro has given our orders. The twins will be protected. Your worries should be on your own problems, Carlisle."

Carlisle watched as the tracker stared at the Swan house with a look of yearning in his eyes. The way his fingers tightened into fist, then loosened. Carlisle knew that Demetri was feeling the affect of the mate bound harshly. The burning need to be near his mate was taking it's toll on Demetri. It amazed Carlisle seeing how Demetri kept a tight leash on himself to keep from giving in to the mate bound.

"I'm sure your aware of our plan of using the scent of the twins and Bella to lure the newborns to the field. There is a ninety percent chance of all of them falling for it." Carlisle pauses thinking about how smart Victoria was. Demetri turns his head a bit to the left waiting for Carlisle to continue. His eyes remaining Natalie. "But that ten percent is not knowing if Victoria will fall into our trap or not."

"If Victoria is stupid enough to attack here, then she'll be our problem." Alec speaks from his position not even a foot away from them. Carlisle and Esme turns towards Alec. He was leaning against a tree with his hands shoved in his coat packets. He eyes the two Cullens with judging thoughts crossing his mind. His eyes drifts off towards the Swan residence. His eyes immediately becomes locked on Naya who splashed dish water on Natalie who stares at her with her mouth hanging open.

"We understand." Esme finally cuts in. Alec gives an answer by humming. The two Cullens leave shortly after after realizing that the conversation was over.

******
Next afternoon

Natalie

I stare up at the ceiling in boredom. It was at least noon. The noise of the fan blocked out any noises so I couldn't hear if anyone was downstairs. Knowing I had to get up soon just made me wanna lay in bed some more. But I had to get up. I thought to myself before letting out a loud sigh.

I sat up in bed and threw the covers off of me. I got up and stretched feeling bones in my back pop. I let my arms fall back to my sides. I glanced over at Naya's bed expecting her to still be asleep. But her bed was empty and a mess. Guess she had her head in the fridge. I grabbed my cardigan off the floor and threw it on. I headed downstairs while throwing my hair up. I stopped by the attic door tightening my hair that was in a bun. I started walking again passing Bella's room. I glanced inside and saw nobody in there. She must have been out preparing for her camping trip. I started down the last flight of stairs.

"Dad, I'm still a virgin!" Was all that I heard when walking down the stairs. I stop dead in my tracks.

Did I just walk into Uncle Charlie giving Bella the 'talk'?

Bella was now jogging up the stairs passing me without saying a word. I stay silent as possible turning my body to go up the stairs. The front door swings open revealing Naya carrying in store bags.

"Naya, you wanna sandwich?" Uncle Charlie asked catching Naya. I shook my head at Naya who tilted her head at me. I mouthed the words slowly 

'He wants to have the talk.' Naya just looks at me with a dumbfounded look. She glances over into the kitchen before looking back at me. I roll my eyes realizing that she was confused and couldn't read lips. I open my mouth about to tell her, but she beats me.

"Don't worry about it Uncle Charlie. I'm a full virgin like Mother Mary!" She spoke bluntly. She didn't look embarrassed or fazed by admitting something like that. If I was her, I would've wanted to crawl into a hole. "Natalie on the other hand may need that talk."

She stared at me with a shit eating grin. I couldn't control my jaw as it dropped. She walks towards the stairs. She jogs up the stairs giving me the opportunity to punch her in the arm.

"Ah, fuck you!" Naya cussed holding her arm. She swings her arm back and the bags she had on her arm hit me in the forehead. I hissed rubbing my forehead trying to ease the ache. "That hurt."

"Bitch!"