Chapter 34

"Glad this is amusing you!"

_________________🥀________________

Natalie

I woke up to hushed voices and a beeping noise. I had a good guess about where I was. The scene's of the incident played through my head like a movie. Demetri, the guy I have been fantasizing about was a vampire! How did I not notice the signs when I met and danced with him? Was I to into the thought of getting fucked by him to noticed? Maybe. The shit that I fantasized about, and he turns out to be a vampire. A sexy vampire, but a vampire.

God if Naya knew about- oh my god Naya!

I opened my tired eyes and lifted my head. I scanned the hospital room and found nobody in the room with me. I sat up wincing at the soreness in my chest and side. I pushed the thin blanket off of me and swung my legs off the edge of the bed. I closed my eyes and rubbed them. I dropped my hands and reopened my eyes. I pushed myself off the edge of the bed. My bare feet hit the icy cold marble floors. A shiver ran through my body. My feet began making a clap with each step I took.

I reached for the door handle, twisting it, before pulling the door towards me. I stepped out of the room, looking both ways down the hall. Three nurses with scrubs talked with each other a few feet away from me. A man in dark clothing was leaned against the wall across from me. The black Yankees baseball cap blocked his face from my view. Something about him didn't sit right with me. He was on his phone, his thumbs were moving quick on the screen and he turns his hands and body to the left or right like Naya does with the controller when she's playing need for speed. Maybe he was waiting for someone to get here or see someone. 

I blinked out of my weird staring and shrugged off the thought of the man. My focus went on finding Naya. I looked both ways again deciding which way to go. Eh, fuck it. I went right. I walked down the hall looking into the rooms with open doors. It was only until the fourth door, a heavy weight was placed itself on my shoulder. I jumped and gasped yanking myself away from the person out of instinct. I twisted around and saw that man in dark clothing. This time I could see his face but he had on sunglasses. He held up his hands in an almost teasing way. Why did people were sunglasses on inside a building? 

"Now sweets, before you get all pissy at me for sneaking up on you." He starts pointing at me with a teasing grin. "You were flashing your tan ass all over this hall. I saved you from anymore humiliation."

"What?" I reached behind me and sure enough, there was an opening in the hospital gown. This was not happening. My face started burning hot with embarrassment. This so was not happening. I grabbed the edges of the gown and pulled them tight together praying I covered my ass.

"You're welcome." His tone was teasing. The shit eating grin did not help my embarrassment either. In fact, it made everything worse.

"It isn't funny." I hissed at the man who started to laugh. I tried to cover my flustered face with a glare. "Stop Laughing."

He pauses his laughing and I let out sigh of relief. The laughing continued once again. A scowl made its way on my face. 

"Glad this is amusing you!" I told him wanting nothing to punch the hell out of him. A throat was cleared from behind me. I look over my shoulder and felt my heart drop to my ass. It was Demetri. Boy, was he looking so fine. From his black dress pants to his black tucked in button up. A few top buttons were unbuttoned. He held a grey coat over his left arm. My eyes trailed up him, from his black shiny dress shoes all the way up to his narrowed blue eyes. 

I could stare at this hunk of vampire meat forever.

"Adam, Aro will like to see you." Demetri spoke not breaking eye contact. It was in that moment that I realized that the laughing had stopped. 

"Demetri," Adam's teasing voice hit my ears. Before I could turn my head, Adam brushed passed me. I broke eye contact with Demetri to stare at the back of Adams head. His head turned and a wink was thrown my way. "See you soon Natalie."

My mouth pretty much dropped at the sound of my name coming out of his mouth. The words were stuck in the back of my throat. I could only stare at his back as he left. How the hell did this man know my name? Did Demetri tell him? Was he talking about me to him?

Before I could ponder more of the subject, my view was blocked by Demetri. He placed his jacket around me which was long enough to cover my ass and go down to my knees. He buttoned a few of the buttons as awkward silence fell between us. I let go of the gown and let my hand fall to my side. 

"So, you're a vampire." I broke the silence. He nods stepping back from me.

"I am." He confirmed. I nodded trying to wrap my head around it. "And you're out of bed where you should be resting."

As my eyes snapped up to meet his, I remember my actual reason for searching the hallway. I kept myself calm and spoke.  "I'm looking for my sister."

"She's resting in the room right next to yours." Demetri gestures behind me with his head. I turned my head and stared down the hall. I was going the wrong way with my ass showing. "I'll take you to her."

He gently places his hand on my lower back and guided me back down the hall towards my room. I found myself staring at the floor with a frown. My thoughts started wondering back to events that happened back at the house. Why did the newborns come after Naya and me? Was this part of the plan? Why didn't Alice see it happen? How did he know they was coming for Naya and I? All these questions started piling up in my head making it hurt.

"I know you have many questions, " He started. I took my eyes off the floor turning my head to look up at him. He was at least a few inches taller than me, and he was so beautiful.  Natalie shut the fuck up and focus. "But they all will be answered soon."

"How soon?" I asked stopping dead in my tracks. Demetri stops as well and turns to stare down at me with those fake contacts. "Cause I want answers now. They came to my home and who knows what would've happened if you and the others wasn't there to put a end to them. Why were you there?" I couldn't stop myself or my mouth. 

"My boss will answer every question you have, Natalie." Demetri sighed. "Now I believe your sister is awake. Shall we?"