Chapter 15

"Well, you got her into deep shit

"Well, you got her into deep shit."

________________🥀________________

Third person

The Cullens and Swan girl was seated in the living room of the Cullens household. The atmosphere was tense as Edward got done explaining his story about the Volturi.

"-Then he let us go" Edward finished. Carlisle was frowning deep in thought.

"Just let you three go just like that?" He asked in uncertainty. He golden eyes gazing over to the boy who he viewed as a son.

"Yeah." Edward said looking at his father figure. He listened in on his thoughts and saw a lot of doubt lingering in his head. "You're right, Aro wouldn't have let us go. Especially when a law was broken."

"So, what's going to happen now?" Emmett asked leaning on his wife and mate, Rosalie. Carlisle shook his head looking very troubled.

"I don't know. It's troubling me." Carlisle admits looking deep in thought. "Aro isn't the type to just let someone go unless he gains something from it."

"Demetri!" Alice gasps loudly. Everyone turns and looks as her. "He's here, in Forks."

"What do you mean, he's here?" Rosalie asked in confusion.

"Did Aro send him here?" Esme asked looking concern. Alice looks almost sick.

"Yes. But..." Alice pauses looking uncertain about something.

"He's after a scent that was on Alice and Bella. A scent that he recognized as his mate's." Edward explained after reading her thoughts. Bella swallows hard after hearing the news.

"Who is he after?" Bella hesitantly asked. Alice looks at her dead in the eyes. A sick feeling settles inside Bella's stomach as Alice tells her.

"Natalie."

******
Natalie

I was sitting on the couch watching the hobbit with Naya and Uncle Charlie. Naya and I was painting our toes and talking about who was the hottest. Legolas or his dad, Thranduil.

"You know it's a tie!" Naya says loudly with a smile on her face. "They are both drop dead hot. I mean look at them, if I was, in that movie, I would've been a hoe."

I laughed loudly at her answer. "Then it's a good thing you're not." Uncle Charlie commented taking a sip of his beer from his spot on the couch.

"She is right though. They are hot." I commented. The front door opened catching our attention. Both Naya and I turned to see Bella walking in.

"Now where the hell have you been young lady?" Uncle Charlie asked looking at her in with a stern look. Bella looked at Naya and me. 

"To visit the Cullens." Bella says slowly.

"At their cousin's house?" Uncle Charlie questioned going all cop mode. I bit my lip hard.

"Yes." Bella lies.

"Bella, do you realize what worry you caused me? You didn't call me or anything, I had to hear it from Naya." Uncle Charlie says. Damn it, you weren't supposed to rat Naya out like that. Bella keeps her eyes on the floor. "You're grounded!"

"What?" Bella says in shock looking at Uncle Charlie.

"I don't want to hear no what's, butts, why's, or ifs. Go to your room." Uncle Charlie snaps pointing to the stairs. Bella looks defeated.

"Fine." Bella says turning around and heading to the stairs. She stops and turns her head. "Naya and Natalie knew I was going by the way and didn't even try to stop me."

Uncle Charlie turns his stern look towards Naya and me. I gave him an innocent guilty smile. I nudged Naya's arm to get her to move. "We'll see ourselves to the room."

"Since we're throwing people under the bus now!" Naya butts in not moving at all. Bella turns and glares at Naya in warning. "Bella didn't go to the Cullens cousins house. She went all the way to Italy to save her ex from a suicide attempt."

I facepalmed as Uncle Charlie looks like he was about to blow a gasket. "DO WHAT!"

"Yeah!" Naya says. "She also jumped off a cliff, hours prior to her leaving."

"Hold on, hold on! You went to Italy?" Uncle Charlie asked looking at Bella who looked like a deer in headlights. I grabbed Naya's wrist and started to drag her to the stairs. We passed Bella.

"If you're going to throw me under the bus, that bus is going to hit you on the sidewalk. And I'll be the one driving it." Naya told her and I tugged Naya to start moving again. I could hear Uncle Charlie asking Bella what the hell was she thinking.

"Well, you got her into deep shit." I commented. Naya grinned mischievously. We headed up the stairs to the attic.

"I wonder how long she's going to be grounded for?" Naya wondered aloud. I shrugged. I walked over to my bed and started getting my schoolbooks and paper off.

"Don't know." I speak. All of a sudden, my body felt tense. I felt a presence near me, yet it seemed so far. My heart raced inside my chest. Were they a danger to Naya and me? Were they a vampire? Why was they here?

"Nat!" Naya's sudden voice made me flinch. I gulped and looked over at her.

"Yeah?" I asked and she looked at me with worry.

"You spaced out for a second there. Are you okay?" Naya asked and I nodded.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

******
Unknown

"Is it them?" Aro asked through the phone. "Is it my daughters?"

"Yes, it's them. They've been adopted by the Swan family." I told him watching my mate stare out the window as if she's looking for something.

"Watch them closely. The other three are headed your way to help you protect them." Aro informs me.

"And what about the Cullens, sir?" I asked leaning against the bark of the tree I was standing on.

"Tell the Cullens to stay away and if one of them decides to interfere with your job, kill them." Aro orders. "I shall be there soon to retrieve my daughters, until then you are to protect them."

"Yes sir. I shall inform the Cullens when the others arrive." I tell Aro who hums.

"Keep me informed." With that he hung up. I dropped my phone from my ear as Amore Mio made eye contact with me. I tilted my head looking into her beautiful hazel eyes. She had grown into a very beautiful woman. Her beauty amazes me and reminds me of the stories of the goddess Aphrodite. Her beauty competes with her. A smile played on my lips. She couldn't have known I was here, but she could feel that I was near.

"Soon Amore Mio, soon."