Chapter 20

"I'm not in the mood, Natalie

"I'm not in the mood, Natalie."

_____________🥀____________

Naya

I got out of the cop car and said goodbye to Uncle Charlie. I shut the door and started walking up the parking lot. I felt stares on me from all around me. I heard them whispering, but I just kept walking pretending that I heard or saw nothing. I had a gut feeling that today wasn't gonna be as smooth as I wanted it to. I passed by the Cullens who were all talking with each other. Only one Cullen was absent. I paid them no attention as I walked towards school.

"Goodmorning Naya!" The Pixie yells from behind me. My heart spiked at the sudden yell

"Morning Pixie cut." I greet back not looking back. I jogged up the stairs and went inside the building.

******

My knee bounced and I bit my fingernails with anxiety coursing through me. I didn't know what was making me feel that way. I had a hard time paying attention to Mr. Burns as he taught the lesson. My mind was going back and forth with thoughts about Natalie. 

"Psst," I heard from behind me but ignored it knowing good and well who it was. I didn't wanna deal with Barbie's wannabe sister today. "Hey idiot! Is that sister of yours finally gone overboard with the drugs?" I froze. What the hell was she talking about? Her words caused a spike of anger. 

One. Deep breath in, exhale.

"Yeah. Everyone knows you just don't have a car accident like that. I bet she was drunk." Another voice whispered from beside me. I narrowed my eyes at my blue binder that had sharpie drawings of flowers on the front. The bell rung and I was up and out of that classroom faster than a speeding bullet.

Two. Deep breath in, exhale.

"I bet she was just a terrible driver!" Maria Grant says following me. I ignored her and continued walking down the crowded hallway just wanting to get to the next class. They're words played again in my head subconsciously. 

Three. Deep breath in, exhale.

"Or finally looked in the mirror and scared herself." Amanda Fields laughs along with her pests she calls friends.

Four. Deep breath in, exhale.

Something snapped inside me, like a pretzel stick. I stopped rapidly and turned towards the three girls with clenched fists. Anger boiled inside my chest. I tried to keep my emotions in check. Calm down, take deep breaths and count. I reminded myself.

Five. Deep breath in, exhale.

"Tell me Swan, Is that sister of yours almost dead?" Maria Grant asks and I bit my tongue to keep it shut. I stare at her coldly. "I know you and that whore of a sister was a slut back where y'all came from. To me, it seems she got what was coming to her. And you're next."