Chapter 17

"Who are you?"

"Who are you?"

________________🥀_______________

Natalie

I played with the radio station trying to find something worth listening to. I was on a main road driving back to Uncle Charlie's. It has been a few weeks since the whole Cullen suicidal thing went down. I found it confusing and really stupid that Bella just ran back into his arms like some magnet. They were back together, and it seemed that Bella had forgotten about what he put her through, but we didn't. Uncle Charlie's hate for the boy went from five to a ten hundred and well, I never liked him to begin with.

The sound of my phone buzzing in the cupholder broke me out of my thoughts. I reached for it not taking my eyes off the road. I held it up and glanced at the screen before answering the call and hitting the speaker button.

"Yes, Naya?" I asked putting the phone in my lap as I stopped at a red light. I heard Misery by Maroon 5 playing in the background.

"Just wondering when you'll be home?" She asked and I hummed.

"What do you want?" I asked knowing good and well she wanted something.

"Nothing." She spoke. "But since you asked, can you stop by the store and get me some ice cream?" The light turned green, and I pressed the gas.

"I'm almost in forks now. I'll see you when I get there" I told her.

"Alright. Later, love you. Bye" She rushed out. I grabbed my phone off my lap.

"Love you too. Bye" I told her and hung up the phone. I tossed it into the passenger seat and focused on driving. I listened to the radio as it played advertisements. I was bored of just hearing them talk, so I turned off the radio. My phone buzzed again, and I sighed and reached my hand over and started feeling for it while looking at the road. My hand moved around but I couldn't find it. I glanced over and saw it before looking back at the road. I gasped in surprise when I saw the figure just standing there. I over corrected myself and the car spun out of control and started flipping. I felt stings and pain. My body jerked around harshly, and my head hit something, and I blacked out.

******

I woke up with my head on the steering wheel. The blurring sound of the horn was heard in my ringing ears. I opened my eyes feeling nothing but the throbbing pain in my head. It felt like it was splitting open. I blinked a couple of times before I lifted my head off the steering wheel causing the horn to stop. My ears still rung badly. It took me a minute to realize what had happened. And once it hit me, my body instantly switched to panic mode. I took off my seatbelt and forced my damaged door open. I held onto the door as I stepped out, but my legs gave out and I fell onto the ground. I groaned in pain when I landed in glass.

"Little human, where are you?" A man sung in a creepy voice. I froze in fear. He was near, closer than I wanted the unknown man to be. I got up in a hurry despite my pain and throbbing head. I walked around to the front of the car using it as a support.

"Ahh, there you are." He spoke in a taunting tone. He stood a few feet away from me with a teasing smile. His eyes were red and screamed hunger. My breathing picked up as my face twisted into a sneer.

"Who are you?" I asked in a weak tone.

"I'm your end." He tells me with a teasing smile. "Such a shame Victoria said you couldn't be my pet, such a beautiful creature you are." He looked at me up and down. I wanted nothing more than to kill him. He destroys my dad's car. The very last thing he left me that I promised I would take care of. I kept my mouth shut as blood ran down the side of my face. My vision started blurring in and out of focus. I blinked and heard a loud boom. My sight cleared and I saw the vampire fighting against another vampire, I'm guessing. My legs gave out and I fell to the ground blinking in and out of consciousness. Tears were in my eyes from the pain in my head getting worse.

"Il Mio Fiore. I'm terribly sorry. Please forgive me." A male's voice said as I feel myself get picked up. I open my eyes just a tad bit and saw a very hot guy, I've never seen before. My eyes forced themselves close and darkness welcomed me.

******
Naya

I stopped the music on the phone once I began to feel like I was in danger. Like something or someone was waiting to attack. It was like cold water was dumped on me. The feeling was very overwhelming. My chest began to tighten. My breathing started to get heavy, and my mouth went dry. Not again. I thought. I headed downstairs with my body trembling. I stumbled down the rest of the stairs to the living room where Uncle Charlie was sitting.

"Uncle Charlie" I called him my breathing was out of control and so was my shaking. My knees buckled when my world spun out of control. I collapsed to the floor feeling the tightness in my throat. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't breathe. I repeated in my head causing my body to panic worse.

"Naya!" I heard Uncle Charlie yell before his face came into view. "Naya, honey. Listen to my voice. You're having a panic attack. I need you to start focusing on your breathing, Slow breaths now."

I tried to listen to him, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Hey, hey. Sweetheart. Breathe with me. Slowly inhale, that's one. Exhale. Inhale, that's two. Exhale. Inhale, that's three. Exhale. Slowly now. Keep repeating that, you're doing good, sweetheart."

As my body slowly started responding to the breathing techniques, I couldn't help but feel the dread that stayed at the pit of my stomach.