Chapter 5

"That's what I heard

"That's what I heard."

____________🥀__________

Natalie

Naya and I stood watching and waiting as Uncle Charlie talked with some of his hunting buddies and coworker's. Blue and red lights from the police cars were flashing. We waited for a call or something from Bella or someone. We all were worried for the girl. What I didn't get was why Bella would do something like this. Where did she go? Her truck was here. I thought.

I scanned the vehicles and people but stopped when I found the tree line on the side of the house. I stared not blinking. Something didn't sit right with me. My body was almost drawn to the woods. But why?

"She has to show up somewhere." I heard Naya say but even with her beside me. It sounded like she was far away from me.

"I'm going to try the Cullens residence again." Uncle Charlie announced pulling out his phone.

"They left town, Charlie." Billy told him. Uncle Charlie said something that I didn't catch.

"Is she in the woods?" I questioned Uncle Charlie without taking my eyes off the wood line.

"I'm making a search team to search the woods, Nat." Uncle Charlie told me. I felt something,

Someone

Getting closer. My heart started racing with anxiety. They were getting closer to the tree line. My eyes stung from no blinking.

"Uncle Charlie?" I called swallowing hard. A man came out of the woods carrying Bella in his arms. I blinked hard only finally being able to take my eyes off the woods.

"Bella!" Uncle Charlie called her while rushing over to the man.

"She's okay! She's fine!" The unknown man reassured us all as Uncle Charlie takes Bella from him.

"Thank you, Sam." Uncle Charlie thanked him and this Sam nods. Uncle Charlie walks away headed to the house with Nay behind him. I stare at the Sam guy frowning. I broke eye contact and shook my head. Asking myself what the fuck just happened?

I headed inside and rushed upstairs to Bella's room. Naya was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. Uncle Charlie walks out of the room. He stops and looks between us.

"You two get some sleep. It has been a stressful afternoon." Uncle Charlie said and I nodded. "I'm headed back outside to clear up the driveway."

Naya yawned as Uncle Charlie disappeared downstairs.

"Let's go to bed." I told her turning and headed up the stairs to the attic. I stopped by the railing and took off my shoes and coat. I tossed my coat over the rail and headed over to my shirts. I pulled on of my oversized shirt and changed into it. I didn't care if Naya saw me in my underwear or bra. We were twins and we were comfortable enough around each other to change. Now if we had to get butt ass naked, then yeah, we're going into the bathroom to change.

"Why do you think Bella was in the woods?" Naya asked and I shrugged. I put my arms inside my shirt and reached behind me and unhooked my bra.

"Don't know." I sighed. There wasn't no telling why she would go into the woods. Bella wasn't one to go on nature walks or into the woods for anything. "We could ask her tomorrow?"

I pulled my bra down and let it drop out of the bottom of the shirt before putting my arms back through the sleeves. I headed over to my unmade bed and laid down.

"Yeah, maybe" Naya says turning on the fan. I made sure my phone was on high volume and on charge. I checked my alarms and saw that they were all on. I hit the power down button on the side of the phone making the screen go dark. I placed the phone on the edge of the bed before getting comfortable under the comforter. The light cut off and I heard Naya walking around. There was a thud and a 'fuck'.

"Night Naya" I chuckled turning over on my side facing the wall.

"Night."

******
Next day

I chewed on my toothpick as I watched as Naya ate her pizza. I didn't have much of an appetite today. Not since Bella decided to make everyone almost have a heart attack yesterday. She wasn't at school today since Uncle Charlie decided to let her stay home. When we left this morning Bella was upstairs sitting at her window.

"So, what do you think happened with Bella yesterday?" Naya asked pulling me out my thoughts. I blinked refocusing my vision.

"Don't know." I told her. "But I have a strange feeling it had something to do with the Cullens leaving town."

"Weren't they here like not long before Bella showed up here?" She asked and I sighed.

"That's what I heard." I told her shrugging. "They probably got tired of looking at the same people every day with the crappy weather."

"Hey, I like the rain." Naya stated. I gave her a look.

"Not everyone is a fan of having an unexpected shower right having a shower." I told her.

"That's the weather God's way of saying 'Bitch you still be stinking'." Naya joked but I didn't find it funny. I glared at her while pulling the toothpick from my lips and throwing it at her.

"You aren't funny." I told her while she giggled.

"Nah, I'm hilarious." Naya giggled. I rolled my eyes at her.

"You're so immature" I told her. She sticks her tongue out at me. I shook my head at her silly behavior. The bell rings signaling that lunch was over. I piled my trash on the plate while Naya started packing her cheeks with pizza. "Don't choke. I don't know the Heimlich maneuver."

She held up her middle finger at me and I shrugged. "Don't say I didn't warn you."