Chapter 26

"What do you mean?"

"What do you mean?"

______________🥀_____________

Naya

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or in my case princess. When we were ten, they asked again. We answered rock star, cowboy or in my case a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer." Jessica pauses in her graduation speech. She was one of Bella's friends. "Well, how about this, who the hell knows?" The crowd cheers and clapped thundered around me. 

"This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love, a lot. Major in philosophy cause there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again, cause nothings permanent. So, make as many mistakes as you can. So that way someday when they ask what we want to be, we won't have to guess. We'll know." Jessica finished with a smile. Cheers rung throughout the gym. Soon they started calling our names, they called Bella first, then Natalie, and then me. 

"It was a pleasure having you attend here." The principal, Mrs. Comb says shaking my hand. "Congratulations."

"Yeah, this place was shit." I told her without missing a beat. I pulled my hand away. "But thank you." I turned towards the audience and dramatically bowed. I leaned back up before throwing up a peace sign and walking off that stage with a smile.

I hope this place burns to the ground.

******

"I can't believe we already graduated high school." Natalie said smiling wildly. We both walked side by side down the parking lot. I don't know why she decided to bring me with her, but I didn't question it. After what happened last night, I really didn't want to be left alone. "It feels great."

"I finally can sleep in until twelve." I told her with a big smile as well. No more waking up early as hell. Natalie shook her head looking over at me.

"So, what do you want to do now?" Natalie asked looking at the row of parked cars and people that was talking and laughing by them. It was cloudy and looked like it was going to rain.

"Let's get Uncle Charlie and Bella and go out to the diner" I suggested feeling a little hungry. Natalie looked at me.

"You're hungry again?" Natalie asked in disbelief. "You ate two bacon egg and cheese biscuits plus two hashbrowns for breakfast this morning." I shrugged at what she said. 

"When I want to eat, I'm going to eat." I tell her defending myself.

"I'm not even going to argue with you" Natalie says walking off. I let out a humph sound in disbelief. She flipped me off continuing walking. I let out a snicker before walking after her.

"Alright, I think Uncle Charlie left us." Natalie stopped twisting around towards me.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused while stopping in front of her.

"I mean, that Uncle Charlie forgot about us because I don't see his cruiser." She explained gesturing to the row of cars. I frowned at her not understanding what she meant. Then it hit me causing me to start grinning.

"I don't think he left us Natty" I tell her trying to control my smile. She stared at me with narrowed eyes.

"I've been looking around this parking lot for god knows how long and have seen no sight of that cop car" She argues making me grin even more. I decided to mess with her about it.

"I don't think you have." I shook my head crossing my arms hugging my diploma, cap and gown to my chest. Natalie's face went blank upon realizing I knew where the car was.

"Where is it?" She asked looking incredibly annoyed.

"I don't know." I lied to her with an innocent look on my face.

"You're lying." Natalie accused. "Naya don't play with me, where is the car?"

I giggled a little keeping the grin on my face. "Well, if you were paying attention instead of puckering your lips up at the mirror to apply lipstick in the car then you'd remember that Uncle Charlie had to park at the church." I told her pointing at the church that sat right next door to the school. It was a longer walk now since Natalie walked all the way to the end of the parking lot to the school. "So now we have to walk back that way, which is now a longer walk since you decided to use, you're not well put together GPS" I throw her a sarcastic grin. My dear sister groaned.

"Shut up." Natalie was clearly embarrassed as she walks past me getting on the sidewalk heading towards the church. I walked behind her.

"What, no thank you?" I taunted but I was ignored. I knew she was truly embarrassed at the moment but that only made me want to tease her more.

"You're being rude!" I told her. "Thank you, Naya, for being such a good little sister to me. I don't know what I'd ever do without you" I mimicked her voice. She threw her head back and let out a groan.

"Thank you, Naya, for being such a pain in the ass!" Natalie said and I gasped.

"Rude!"

******

That night

Cullen's residence

"Hey Jake," I greeted him dragging his name out. "Come to try and get punched again?" I grinned while snickering.

"I actually came to apologize." Jake spoke and I hummed. There was silence besides the loud music and talking. It was really getting awkward.

"Well see you." I waved and went on my way not waiting for a response. I walked my way around the second floor looking for Natalie, pushing passed horny and obnoxious teenagers. I spotted Natalie at the drink bar with a red cup in hand. I made my way towards her. She spots me and gives me a short glare for what happened earlier. I rolled my eyes. "Stop pouting."

"I am not pouting Naya." Natalie scoffed and I gave her a look not believing her at all. It was on her face.

"Don't lie to me. You are totally still pouting" I told her pointing at her. She slaps my hand away from her. "You are."

"It was stupid anyway. Leave it alone." Natalie said rolling her eyes. She takes a sip out of her cup and looks elsewhere. I stand beside her and start fixing myself a drink. "Holy mother of Jesus."

"What?" I asked focusing on pouring my coke inside my blue cup. "Did Bella get another slap in on Jake?"

"No-Hell no." Natalie spoke. "Even better."

"Then what is-" I stop talking as I spotted what Natalie was talking about. My jaw almost reached the floor. Two breathtaking, totally hot guys were being circled by a group of girls. Both honestly looked like they can push any girl against a wall and fuck their brains out. They looked like they were walking out of a fantasy. They looked totally unreal. One was in black dress pants with a white button up tucked in. The other had blue jeans and a black shirt.

"Please tell me that you're seeing what I'm seeing?" Natalie suddenly questioned. I nodded keeping my eyes on them.

"You mean the two gorgeous males in front of us? Then yeah I see that."