Chapter 9

"When it comes, you're going to be my sacrifice to it

"When it comes, you're going to be my sacrifice to it."

______________🥀_____________

Naya

"Are we almost there, yet?" I whined. My feet was hurting from all the walking and running I did. I did not know how I managed to run all the way almost out of town. My flight response does work great. 

"Just about, kid." He tells me with pure annoyance in his tone. It seems I had annoyed him with my game of twenty questions. But I managed to get some answers out of him. Like he didn't live in the woods, he lived all the way in LaPush with his fiancé. What he was doing all the way over here? He didn't say. Though I did find it weird that the horse dog wasn't around even after being on my ass while I ran. It was weird that he suddenly showed up out of nowhere as well.

"We're here, kid." I snapped out of my thoughts once I saw the house beyond the trees. I grinned feeling relieved.

"Finally here. I would've been back a long while ago if it wasn't for horse dog running after me and getting me lost. But I suppose you did good to." I gave him a grin. I started walking out of the woods. "Bye Mr. Uley and thanks for bringing me home cause lord knows I wouldn't have gotten here myself."

I didn't hear his reply so I guess he was most likely rolling his eyes with his arms crossed. I jogged up to the back door and opened and closed it softly. I turned and froze once I saw Uncle Charlie at the kitchen table looking dead at me.

Uh oh.

******

The days went by faster than I expected. After Uncle Charlie scolded me for what felt like hours, despite me explaining what happened with the horse dog. He made me show him my ankle which was still badly bruised and red with alittle swelling. He continued to scold me while sitting me on the couch where he had McD's waiting for me.

As the days turned into weeks, I started to notice that Bella slowly broke out of her depression. Apparently, Uncle Charlie told her he was going to send her back home to Phoenix or Jackson whichever because of her late-night screams and depression.

Natalie was getting her and I back into a healthier routine. It took some time and effort to get back on track with schoolwork so we can graduate next year. We started sleeping in the nights and eating three times a day. I finally found my inspiration and it was Natalie. I don't know what it was, but it was like I saw her constant battle in her head, yet she acted like there was nothing wrong. So, I used her as my inspiration. I was one of the top two to win. I don't know who the other kid was.

Things were going well for Natalie and I. Dad's car, that is now Natalie's arrived at Uncle Charlie's house. Natalie hasn't been able to stop driving the car nor stop posing and taking pictures with it. I didn't really see where the excitement was coming from, it was only a car. Our seventeenth birthday came and went. Uncle Charlie had actually through us a small party at his house. It wasn't much but it was a very relaxing grill out.