Chapter 36

"Naya

"Naya."

_______________🥀______________

Third Person's POV

"Any questions?" The sound of Aro's voice filled the empty room. Charlie's head was held in his palms; frustration and confusion had settled in his chest. Vampires? He thought still in disbelief. This is all because of vampires? His daughter was dating one. The doctor that he respected a lot was a vampire, as was his entire family.

"And the girls know nothing of what you just dumped on me?" Charlie questions the old vampire. His mind was still trying to wrap around the fact that vampires was ever real.

"They do not," Aro begins. "That is until I inform them, however it will not be spoken of until the twins are healed and at your home."

"This- this is a lot to take in." Charlie wasn't lying. He felt his heart ache at what he was just told. He knew that his late brother and his wife had adopted his nieces and that they went to Italy to adopt. But the fact that they were the daughters of this man. A man who shows up out of the blue and tells him that the girls were gonna be taken half way across the world to live with him. That vampires were real. That his nieces plays a huge role in the vampire world.

There was a knock at the door breaking the tension in the room. It swung open and a tall bulky guy gestured Aro outside. Aro stood from his seat fixing his suit jacket, gazing down at Charlie. "Excuse me." He leaves the room with the door softly shutting behind him.

"I know this is a lot to take in Charlie, especially under these circumstances." Carlisle spoke resting a hand on Charlie's shoulder. Charlie rubs his face. The soreness in his tired eyes made him rub them roughly. Then something got him thinking back to Bella.

"Bella and Edward," Charlie swollows hard. "Their- What did you call it? Mate's?"

"In a way, yes." Carlisle began. "She's his blood singer meaning that Bella's blood is very appealing to him than most human blood. He chose to have her as his mate."

Charlie gazes up to the vampire doctor with a raised eyebrow. "Edward wanted to eat my daughter?"

"At first it was hard for Edward to resist, nobody was expecting it to happen." Carlisle truthfully responded. "Edward fell in love with Bella over the few days of getting to know her."

"And the accident two years ago with Bella. It wasn't a fall down the stairs that caused those injuries was it?"

Carlisle gently shook his head. "It was a rogue vampire traveling in a pack of three." He explained. "The three caused some of the deaths that year. It all started at the baseball game my family and I invited Bella to. They showed up and things got a little out of hand. James was gifted with the skill of tracking. He had what you can say, a kink at hunting humans for fun." Charlie felt his heart beat faster with each word. "Edward read his mind and heard what he was planning. We knew we needed to step in to protect Bella. So Alice and Jasper took Bella out of town while we tried to throw James off Bella's tracks. He soon caught on to what we was doing and started following the real Bella's scent. He caught up, trick Bella into believing that he was gonna hurt her mother." Charlie felt his heart drop to his ass at his words. "We got to her in time to save her."

"And what about the woods? Why was she in there?"

"Edward, I guess the term used now is, dump her." Carlisle frowns at his words, thinking back to when Edward broke up with Bella. "I'm not proud of how he handled the situation and the place it was done. Edward was only trying to protect Bella, he truly was."

The room went silent again. So many things ran through Charlie's mind at once. But there was one constant thought that he found himself agreeing with.

He needed a beer. A couple of beers.

The door bursts open with a frantic looking nurse, breathing heavily coming in. "Miss Swan is missing from her room."

"Which one?" Charlie and Carlisle question simultaneously.

"The youngest, Naya."

******

Naya

The sound of a police siren was heard. I looked up out the window and followed the police car with my eyes as it sped by, sipping the sweet tea through a red straw. I raised an eyebrow but didn't think much on it. They were probably up to no good anyway. 

"Here you go dear." The older women sat down my fried pickles with a side of ranch. I gave her a large thankful grin. "Your lunch will be out soon."

"Thank you." I thanked her. I noticed her glancing at the hospital blanket that was hugged around my shoulders. Her eyebrows raised and a questionable look crossed over her face. We locked eyes. "Long night."

"I see." She responded with a hum of amusement. She leans against the counter beside me. "I remember those nights. Black out drunk, getting the cops called on us, smoking weed, and speeding tickets. Man does that feel like it was yesterday."

I stare at her with curiosity. "You did all that?"

"Oh sweetheart, I did way more than that." She tells me with a shit eating grin. I dip a fried pickle into the ranch before popping it into my mouth. "You don't look like the type that'll do some of the shit that I did. So why are you in a blanket? Mommy and daddy kick you out?"

"Truth is, I escaped from the hospital." I admitted eating another fried pickle. She stares at me probably looking for a reason to call bullshit. I pulled the blanket back and showed her the hospital gown. She looked almost impressed.

"Oh." Was all she uttered. "Why did you escape?"

"I hate hospitals." I responded immediately. She raises an eyebrow. I shrugged. "It's a phobia of mine, I guess."

"What happened?"

"My sister and I got into an accident." I shrugged like it wasn't nothing big. Truth was, I didn't wanna go into details because I didn't know them myself. I grabbed the red plastic cup that had the restaurants logo on the side of it. I put my lips on my straw and took large sips of the sweet tea. It was actually very refreshing to have some sugar in my system. 

"I'm sorry to hear that." She replied looking out the window. "Say what's your name kid? I'm Sam."

She turned her eyes back towards me while she held out her hand. I used my other hand to shake her hand. I let the straw slip from my lips and spoke, "Naya."

"Well Naya," She paused looking amused about something. I stared at her in suspicion. She gives me a side eye noticing the look on my face before jerking her head towards the window. "The sheriff is coming in and from the looks of it, he's looking from you."

My head turned hard to look out the window. My heart pounded faster in my chest as my eyes fell upon Uncle Charlie, who was making his way to the door with an angry look clear on his face. "Ah shit."

~

Sorry for the late updates. I have been editing my books and reading other fanfics. I completely forgot to update this. I will try my best to get on a decent update schedule so I can finish this book.