Chapter 35

"I want to leave

"I want to leave."

__________________🥀_________________

Naya

"Good afternoon, Miss Swan." A random chick walked into my room. I looked away from the window. "I'm nurse Amanda. I'm here to check your vitals."

"When can I leave?" I questioned ignoring her words. I crossed my arms as she laughed. She was a young woman with short brown hair wearing purple scrubs.

"When you are healed enough to be discharged by Dr. Cullen." She answered tapping on the machine that I was connected to and writing stuff on her clipboard.

"Why can't you just get me a wheelchair, help me out of bed, turn your head and poof!" I clapped once for dramatic effect. "You never saw a thing."

"Ms. Swan, you are not leaving this room nevertheless this hospital until you are discharged." The nurse told me as she holds a thermometer to my forehead until it beeps. I rolled my eyes as she writes my temperature down placing the thermometer on the counter.

"This is why I hate this place! I am a prisoner here!" I cried out throwing my head back against the pillow. She gently grabs my arm and wraps it with blood pressure cuff. She puts her stethoscope earpiece in her ears and placed the end on my arm below the cuff. She begins to inflate the cuff; it tightens around my arm before stopping. The room was silent as she did what she needed to do. I stare back out the window watching as a crow glide across the sky. She writes on the clipboard letting me know she got what she needed. I looked back at her as she took the stethoscope out of her ears and hangs it around her neck before releasing my arm from the cuff.

"You are not a prisoner Miss Swan." The Nurse sighed writing on the clipboard.

"I am if you won't let me leave!" I crossed my arms pouting. I ignored the dull ache in my side.

"I'll be in here in a little bit to check back up on you." The nurse informed me. I glanced at her giving her a dirty look. "In the meantime, try not to do anything stupid."

I scoffed as she headed out. "As if this shit hole will allow me to do something stupid!"

She stopped at the door turning to give me look. "Just watch tv until lunch comes."

"There's nothing on worth watching." I argued.

"Just relaxed and find something." With that the door was shut and silence surrounded me. I sighed disappointed that I couldn't talk her into helping me get out of here. The room was freezing, and the blanket barely held any warmth. I looked away from the door to the TV that played an episode of a crime show.

"Oh my god, Naya!" I jumped when the door slammed open, and Natalie's voice echoed the room. I look away from the tv and saw Natalie rushing to my bedside.

"How come you get to get out of bed?" I asked frowning at my sister. When I tried to get up, I got scolded by the doctor. Her arms wrapped around me pulling me to her chest. My face was squished into her boobs.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Natalie breathed. I scrunched my nose and tried to pull myself away.

"Get off!" I groaned trying to push her away, but she only tightened her hold. I push against her stomach. "GET YOUR BREASTS OFF MY FACE, YOU BITCH!"

Natalie released me. I huffed feeling a throbbing pain in my head. I recollected myself giving her a strong glare. "Are you hurt? Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

"I want to leave." I immediately told her.

"No." Natalie instantly shut that option down. "Naya, you were hurt pretty badly after the whole vampire thing."

I frowned. "Vampire thing?"

"Yeah." Natalie nodded sitting down on the bed beside my thighs. That's when I caught glance of the man at the door. My body froze up, my heart sped up and my hands started to shake. Natalie's voice started to fade out. I started hearing my heartbeat in my ears.

The sound of trees falling and booms that could be mistaken for thunder played in my head.

"Get inside!"

An image of a decapitated body flashes into my mind. Along with Demetri's face, his red eyes.

"NAYA!"

The panic and fear set in. My breathing became shallow and way out of control. I couldn't breathe. I continued to gasp for air as my vision began to get covered in black dots.

"Naya!" Someone calls me. I continued to gasp for air. My lungs burned and my chest began to hurt. "Naya, I'm going to need you to listen to me as much as you can."

I needed to breath, I needed to breath. I repeated in my mind. I try to catch my breath and calm down but it like it was too fast for me. I can't breathe. I started to hear talking but everything sounded underwater.

All of a sudden, I felt the panic, the fear, and everything else I felt be taken away. My tense body started loosening up. My shallow breathing slowly started to calm down. I smelt a scent of old books and cologne that smelt amazing. 

"God, Naya." I heard Natalie sniff. My breathing was now normal with some short halts in it. My body felt drained and worn out. My vision started to clear from the black dots. I saw a flash of black mist and brown hair. I closed my eyes and sleep took over me completely.

******

I woke up with my body feeling like shit. I felt horrible and exhausted. I weakly move my hands to push myself up in a sitting position. I looked around the room and saw Natalie's curled up in a chair asleep with a blanket covering her. I rub my face as a wave of hunger ran through me. I pushed myself off the bed and stood up. I grabbed the cover off the bed. I glanced one last time at Natalie before heading out determined to find some good food.