Chapter 19

"Where did you get that pudding?"

_________________🥀_________________

Natalie

Dream

I stared up at the ceiling that was painted. It was a beautiful painting of the galaxies. It was breathtaking and done professionally for sure. I tried to sit up, but it was like I wasn't strong enough. I opened my mouth trying to call out for Naya to help me but the only thing that came out was the sound of gurgling.

"La Mia stella, are you still awake?" A male's voice hit my ears. I looked around the room trying to look for the person. I turned my head and saw someone walking towards me. For some reason I wasn't looking at the man in the face, I was staring at the necklace around his neck.

******

I woke up with a gasp. Cold air hit my exposed arms and leg causing me to shiver. I turned my head towards the window and saw it wide open. I heard movement and saw Naya asleep in the chair in the corner. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes before getting up out of the hospital bed and shut the window. It clicked back closed and I stood there in confusion of how it got open. I turned around and got back in bed with the letter V still imprinted on my brain.

******

I woke up to the sound of someone smacking their lips together and the theme song to SpongeBob. I turned my head towards the side and opened my tired eyes. Naya was sitting closer to the bed eating a chocolate pudding and watching SpongeBob.

"What time is it?" I asked groaning at the noises. Naya looked at me and grinned.

"Around ten." Naya says and I look at her in surprise.

"I'm shocked." I told her truthfully. "You normally sleep in."

She rolls her eyes. "Damn nurse kept coming in here to check on you, also there was a janitor who came and made a bunch of noise getting the trash out of the bin."

"Where did you get the pudding?" I asked eyeing the chocolate pudding.

"It was with your lunch yesterday. I snatched it before you even saw it." Naya grins shoving another spoon full of pudding in her mouth. I gave her a glare but rolled my eyes deciding to let it go for now. "Oh yeah, I heard the nurses saying something about Dr. Cullen releasing you today."

"Really? How do you know?" I asked hopeful. This bed was uncomfortable and the food here was nasty. It was also cold. I can see why Naya loathe hospitals.

"Yep. I may or may not have eavesdropped a bit." Naya confessed. I scrunched my face up in confusion.

"You've never been the one to eavesdrop on someone." I told her and she shrugged.

"I'm picking it up. It's very boring in this horrid place." Naya admitted. "The nurses here sure do love to gossip about their problems and love life."

"Oh yeah?" I asked not really interested in other people's love life or problems. I have my own problems.

"Yeah," said Naya as she got the pudding off the sides of the plastic cup. "Like this one nurse I don't know why or what possessed her to talk about it. But she was talking about how she did this trick when she was riding-"

"HEY!" I yelled but immediately regretted it. A sharp pain shot threw one end of my head to the other. I grimace and hold my head in pain. I lowered my voice into a whisper. "Why the hell would you listen to that?"

"She was very detailed, okay. It caught me off guard." Naya shrugged giving me a dead look. "Like, that nurse did not leave nothing out. I left before she could get to the part where she org-"

Naya was cut off by a knock on the door. It opened and Uncle Charlie's head popped in. "Hey girls." He greets as he walks in closing the door behind him. He had two burger King bags in his left hand and a cup holder in the right.

"Please tell me that's for us?" She asked in a pleading tone. "The food here is sh-"

"Don't even finish the sentence." Uncle Charlie warned her as he placed the drinks down with the bags beside them. Naya raised her hands in surrender. I rolled my eyes. I smelt the fast-food burgers and they smelt great. My mouth started to water.

"So, how's your day going?" I asked him, watching as he looked through the bags and pulled out whopper burgers.

"It has been hell." Uncle Charlie sighed handing me a whopper burger. I placed my hands on the mattress and slide myself up into a sitting position. "There's been disappearances in Seattle."

I stopped unwrapping my burger and looked up at him. "Disappearances?"

"Yeah," He nodded eating a French fry. "It's a mess."

"Mm," Naya moaned catching my attention. I looked at her. "Now this is what I needed."

"You have mayonnaise on your chin." I told her. She wipes it with her finger and puts her finger into her mouth.

"So has Dr. Cullen came in here to check on you yet?" Uncle Charlie asked and took a bite of his burger.

"No. Not yet at least." I told him tossing a salty fry into my mouth. "But Naya over here said something about him releasing me today."

"That's good." Uncle Charlie said. "At least You don't have to sleep in an uncomfortable bed tonight."

"Right," Naya agrees sipping on her drink. "I had to sleep in a chair and my neck is killing me."

"You ma'am, also have school tomorrow." Uncle Charlie said knocking Naya's feet off the extra chair and sat down. Naya threw her head back and groaned. "I don't want to hear it. You two have to graduate this year."

"Why can't the weekend last longer? I hate Mondays."