Chapter 4

"Where's Bella?"

"Where's Bella?"

_______________🥀______________

Naya

"Naya wake up! We're late!" The sudden yell from Natalie had me flinching awake. Maybe if I just stay still, she'll go to hell by herself. I thought staying completely still. A frustrated groan come from my sister before the pillow was ripped off my head.

"We don't have time for this, Naya. We have to leave in twenty minutes."

A loud groan left my mouth as I shifted in bed. I opened my sleep filled eyes and sat up in my bed looking around. The bed was covered in a soft light gray fluffy comforter, throw blankets, and many pillows. I cuddled my body pillow at some point last night. 

"You're interrupting my beauty sleep Karen!" I scolded glaring at her as she rushed over to the closet.

"As if you have any beauty." Natalie sasses grabbing her clothes. I rolled my eyes and angrily pushed the covers off me.

"What happened to the alarm anyway?" I asked getting up from the comfortable bed. I stretched hearing some bones pop. "You have like four different alarms set."

"If someone didn't turn the fan on high after complaining about being hot. I would've heard the first alarm go off." Natalie snapped as we passed each other. 

Jeez, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

"Don't blame this on me. You're the one who set the heat on fucking seventy-two degrees. It was hot up in this bitch." I defended myself.

"Yeah, yeah." She yelled rushing down the stairs. I stood in front of my shirts and started going through them. I pulled down a burgundy shirt with an angry cat holding up two middle fingers with the words 'I do what I want' on the front. I bent down and opened the dresser drawer. I grabbed out some ripped jeans and slammed the drawer close.

I quickly got dressed in the room before sitting on my bed and putting on my black combat boots. I got up grabbing my phone on the nightstand and unplugged it from the charger. I leaned over and grabbed my heavy school bag from the floor and made my way downstairs.

******

I sat in art class bored out my mind waiting for the teacher to show up. Five minutes has passed since the bell rung and I had to being my ass in here. I covered my mouth with my hand and yawned. I folded my arms in front of me on the table and laid my head down on them. 

Don't mind if I do. I thought closing my eyes.

"Good morning, guys and girls." Mrs. Interrupting-Naya's-nap greeted. Motherfucking, cock sucker, ass poking bitch! I thought angry, tired and hungry.

"For the next two weeks, you'll be painting. Since it's Thursday, you will be searching and finding your inspiration online today and tomorrow. Also keep in mind that this will be graded." The teach says and there were groans. "Don't give me that. I have faith you to do your very best."

I sighed waiting nothing but to sleep. The girl in front of me raised her hand.

"Mrs. Davidson." She called getting the teachers attention. I stomach rumbled from not eating breakfast this morning.

"Yes, Ms. Garcia."

"What if we can't find what we want to paint before the class ends on Friday?" She asked. "Can we take the task home for the weekend?"

"Good question." The teach nodded her head. She leans against the front of her desk crossing her arms. "If you can't find your picture by the time the class ends Friday, you can take it home as weekend homework."

The girl in front of me nodded her head. I looked down and started playing with my bracelet in boredom. This class needs to hurry up and end.

"Oh, I almost forgot the most important part." Mrs. Davidson beamed clapping her hands together smiling widely. "The paintings that the other teachers and staff likes the most, would be sent to the art center in New York. There, the Bishop art center would choose the one they like the most and put it on display in the art gallery."

I looked up in interest. I never heard of Bishop art center but by her tone it was a big thing. This was all the way in New York. Why would a small boring town like this want to send artwork to a big thing in New York? Maybe Forks high grabbed their attention before I came? Or maybe someone in Forks high knew a person over at the art center in the big apple?

******

"So, your art class was picked to paint up something good so that it could be sent to some gallery in New York?" Natalie asked and I nod.

"Yep."

"Naya, this is big." Natalie gushed. Her face lit up like a bulb, with a smile spreading across her face. "You could win."

"I could. But I don't really want to." I told her truthfully. She slapped the table causing the sound to echo through the lunchroom.

"What?" She asked. I nodded. "You need to, Naya. This is your chance to be recognized by your art. You're too damn good to just throw away this opportunity."

I sighed. "Maybe. You know I don't like showing people what I paint. But this is going to be a grade, so I have to do it."

Natalie sighed leaning back in her seat. I ate some grapes.

"If it's going to be graded, then you may as well pull off a damn good painting." Natalie said leaning back in a bit. "You're a talented artist, Naya. Don't let the talent go to waste."

******
Natalie

"Where's Bella?" Uncle Charlie asked as soon as Naya and I walked through the front door. Confusion ran through me. We just got home.

"We don't know." Naya said sliding her bookbag off her shoulder.

"Yeah," I told him. "We had to hitch a ride with principal Charles cause Bella had left us at school."

"Fuck!" Uncle Charlie cussed which had me shocked. I never heard him cuss before. He started pacing running his hands through his hair. I heard sirens coming down the street. I turned around and looked out the window on the door.

"Where's Bella?" I asked frowning in confusion. I looked back at Uncle Charlie waiting for an answer.

"I don't know." Uncle Charlie stressed. The sirens got closer until it sounded like they were right outside. I turned again and saw a cop car stopping at the driveway followed by another one.

"Her truck is here" Naya stated as Uncle Charlie grabs the doorknob.

"Do me a favor and keep trying to call Bella."