Chapter 38

"How are you feeling?"

______________🥀______________

Third person

"You look rough." Jane commented as she stood in front of a very pregnant and exhausted Allison. Her cheeks were hollowed in enough that her cheek bones are noticeable. Her body had gotten unhealthy skinny to the point where her bones were showing. Her once glowing full of life eyes, now were dull due to the pain she was in every second of every day. Allison knew she was growing near her due date, she felt it in her gut. Now if she was going to make it through the childbirth, she wasn't sure. 

"Don't you have anything else to do besides pester me about how I look?" Allison snapped at the immortal blonde teenager who wasn't fazed by her words. Allison continued to read her book in a chair pulled up to the balcony doors that were open for some much needed fresh air.

"Aro wanted me to check on you?" Jane revealed. Allison scoffs slamming her book shut, and placing it harshly on the table that sat in front of her. Anger boils in her chest as her eyes met bleeding crimson ones. Although she knew not to cross onto Jane's bad side as she was quite known for her ability to make one feel pain— Allison couldn't help but not care in that given moment. 

"He wanted you to check and see if I haven't done anything to my child." Allison snapped. "Well Jane, I am still alive and I am still pregnant. Tell Aro that if he is so dearly worried, to come in here himself. It's ridiculous sending everyone else."

"Is that all?"

Allison blinks at Jane's monotone response. A sudden Ill thought crossed into Allison's mind. Was this gonna be her child in the future? An emotionless child surrounded by monsters? Allison's stomach turned to knots at the thoughts of her child's future. A throat clearing caused Allison to answer Jane. "Yes, now please leave." Allison picks back up her book and starts looking for the page that she was last on. "I wish to finish this book."

"As you wish." 

As Jane leaves the room. Allison forgets about the book and turns her head to look at the bright blue sky. A new worry settled inside Allison, one that left her fearful of her child's future.

_______________🥀_______________

Naya

It had been three days since the whole newborn fight and the unplanned hospital stay. Everything had quiet down since then, but I couldn't help the feeling that my gut gave me. I couldn't quite understand the feeling it gave me. I was hesitant and nervous to even think about it. Natalie had been keeping herself busy between reading and cleaning since we got back from the hospital. Uncle Charlie kept casting weird looks towards Natalie and I, something I didn't like nor understand why. He honestly looked like he wanted to say something when around my sister and I, but stopped himself. I couldn't really say much about Bella, who has been in and out, mainly out with Edward. I hated it when she was around the house or around me. The feeling she gave off had me thinking that she knew something that I didn't.