Chapter 37

"Thank you"

"Thank you"

____________🥀___________

Natalie

The sound of my foot tapping anxiously flooded my ears. I waited for the phone call from my uncle who went out to search for Naya, who had escaped from the hospital. Waking up from my much needed nap to hear people yelling and Naya missing was not something I wanted to wake up to. She sent the whole hospital into a panic, everyone was looking for her. Demetri, the incredibly hot vampire spoke with uncle Charlie before they both left. I only assumed that he saw her and was pointing the way for uncle Charlie.

I sat in the chair in Naya's hospital room left in my thoughts with worry. The thoughts of her being hurt again or making her injuries worse by accident filled my head faster than I could run. I trusted Uncle Charlie to find Naya. I was hesitant about Demetri since he was a vampire. But He did save Naya and I from our deaths.

"Could you please stop tapping your foot." I was pulled out of my thoughts at the sound of Bella's voice. My eyes snapped to her figure that was huddled as close as it could get to Edward. She got here after being with Jake who was injured saving Leah after the fight by a newborn. I held a kind of resentment towards her for not coming to the hospital sooner than she did, but I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I opened my mouth about to reply but instead I was cut off by the sound of my phone ringing. I didn't hesitate to look at the screen and answer it.

"You're the one who promised me food but left me to starve!" I yank my phone away from my ear at the loudness of Naya's voice. Relief hit me like a pile of bricks. He found her.

"Get in the car and zip it Naya Marie."

"I am not getting in that car! It looks like it belongs to a mafia member!"

"Hello? Uncle Charlie?" The other end of the line was pure chaotic.

"I found her." Uncle Charlie's voice comes through the phone. "Naya, get in the car."

"I told you I ain't getting in the that car to get taken back to the hospital!"

"Where did you find her?" I questioned curious about where she ran off to. I got up from my seat and walked out of the hospital room.

"At a restaurant in town." He scoffs and I hummed. Of course, that's where she went. "Naya, if you don't get in this vehicle right now, I'm going to handcuff you and put your ass in there."

"Then you'll be catching up on some much-needed cardio old man!"

"Naya, I am not in the mood for this. Get in the car!"

"No!" I hear loud rapid footsteps as if someone was running. Did Naya seriously have our uncle running after her? I leaned against the wall wondering what the hell was going on, on the other end of the phone.