Chapter 27

"Natalie

"Natalie."

______________🥀______________

Natalie

I turned away from the scene of the two hot guys getting cornered by girls. There was a burning ache in my chest getting harder to ignore just by watching the scene.

"You think they are friends with the Cullens?" Naya asked turning her body towards me also looking away from the two mystery boys. I shrugged even though I was very curious about the older looking male. Something about him was, calling to me if it were to make sense. Like a invisible pull was just trying to pull me towards him.

"Could be." I told her without knowing the answer to her question myself. They didn't look like locals that's for sure. I've never seen them before. I decided to change the subject. "So why did Jake show up?"

"To apologize." Naya says before throwing her head back and drowning the last bit of her nonalcoholic drink. That's the only thing about this party that sucked, there was no alcohol. "It was kind of awkward."

I snorted bringing my cup up to my lips but pause. "If someone kissed you without constant and came to apologize, it would be awkward for you to."

"No, if someone kissed me without constant, they'll be more than one punch." Naya corrected. I decided not to comment. I turned back towards the crowd only to find the two men gone and girls with disappointment written all over their faces. A strong tap on my shoulder made me jump and almost spill my drink on me. I turned and saw that blonde kid that hung out with Bella. 

"Can I help you?" I asked and he gave me a smile that was too wide for my liking.

"Would you dance with me?" He asked nicely holding his hand out. I didn't really want to cause I really wasn't a big fan of dancing. But it was a party and I kind of did want to have fun. 

"Of course." I gave him a smile that caused him to blush. I grabbed his hand and left my cup on the table. I dragged him to the dancing area and started moving to the beat. He grabbed my hand and twirled me around. I let a smile slip onto my face as we danced. Confidence started building in my chest. I pulled away from him and started dancing on my own. I looked back at the drink bar and saw Naya still standing there but there was now another person, a boy standing beside her. She was paying him no attention, instead she pointed behind me. Confusion ran through my chest. I turned around and collided into a very hard chest. I looked up preparing to apologize but my voice was caught in my throat. 

Blue eyes peered down at me. It was that guy from earlier. Standing very closer to him gave me a good look at him, and what I saw sent my heart racing. His stare was intense and predatory. His dirty blonde hair looked like he ran his hand through it a million times. He looked like he was made and sent by the gods themselves. "May I have a dance?"

Oh god, his voice. It sounded so hot with his accent. I couldn't place his accent. "Yeah," I spoke in a rushed tone. He gave me a panty dropping smile. My face suddenly got really hot. His hand slipped right into my palm, and I froze. He stepped closer to me, and I felt all my confidence slip away. "Uh, I don't really know how to dance."

He tilted his head to the side. "Wasn't you dancing before I came to ask you to dance?" He asked. I opened my mouth but didn't know how to respond. I mean I was dancing but it probably looked like a headless chicken. "You want to know what I think, darling?" I looked up at him meeting his intense stare. A shiver ran through my body as we started lightly swaying to the music. "I think you do know how to dance but you don't want to dance when all eyes are on you. And when all eyes are on you, you lose all confidence in yourself.  But in this moment, you do not have to lose your confidence when dancing with me. It's just you and I now."

I took his words to heart. I didn't know this man. I never seen him a day in my life until now. Yet here he was almost reading me like a book. Maybe I was easy to read or something. I stay silent because I really did not know how to respond. But curiosity got ahold of me. "So, who are you? Never seen you around." 

He spun me around and I collided into his chest. It was like running into a rock wall. He brought my hand up to his lips. My eyes widen as he kissed it with a smirking smile. "I'm Demetri, amore." He spoke snaking his hand around my waist. He leads me in the dance, and I found myself enjoying it. I stepped away from him letting go of his left hand. He pulls me gently back into him. My back was against his chest. I felt his lips touch my ear. A shiver ran down my body followed by goosebumps. "May I have the pleasure in knowing your name?"

"Natalie." It come out sounding like a squeal. My face was still on fire and my heart was about to jump out of my chest. I was twirled and found myself leaning back with Demetri hovering about me. How the hell did he dip me so fast? I thought. 

"Beautiful name, Natalie." He spoke lowly and almost seductively. Oh, dear god help me. I have never been affected like this around men. Sure, boys flirted with me back home, but I always had the ability to ignore them. But here was a man getting me aroused just by speaking to me. Are his eyes getting darker or is it the lighting. I thought. 

"Thanks, I guess." I told him. He pulls me back up and I give him a smile. I look pass him and saw Naya giving Bella an annoyed look. My smile drops a bit and I look back at Demetri. "I have to go. Thank you for the dance."

He gives me a look of understanding before placing a kiss on the back of my hand one final time. "It was my pleasure."