Chapter 24

"No

"No."

______________🥀______________

Natalie

It was frustrating during the next couple of days. After the whole argument between Jake, Bella, and Edward, it has been stressful in Forks. The news of the chaos that is going on in Seattle has had everyone on their toes, more people has been missing. Uncle Charlie has been on this strict curfew since the three girls went missing at school. Detectives questioned Naya because of her fight with all three of them but she had an alibi. Rumors has been spread around school about Naya killing the three girls or Naya kidnapping them and holding them hostage in our basement. On top of that, someone was watching me. I felt their eyes on me no matter where I go. I felt their presence everywhere around me. I got paranoid with the person who has been stalking and spying on me. I started taking Naya with me wherever I go, I didn't want too but I didn't want to go alone either. I saw it as a "if I get attacked, kidnapped, or killed, Naya was going with me. We came into this world together, we shared the same womb, she going to die, get kidnapped, or attacked with me.". 

"Natalie, are you listening?" Naya's question brought me out of my thoughts. I look at her from my seat across the table. 

"No." I told her looking down at my food. 

"What's wrong?" Naya asked and I shook my head. "And don't you say nothing because there is something clearly going on."

I ran the tip of my tongue along the back of my teeth before hitting down on it. "It's really nothing, Naya. Just tired."

She sighs through her nose. "It's been hell, Natalie. Don't lie to me." She told me with a pointed look. "I got into one little fight and now I'm being accused of murder and having the bodies in the basement."

"You and I both now it wasn't a little fight." I told her with an eye roll. 

"That's beside the point." Naya says "The point is, is that the last few days has been hell, okay. You don't have to act like it hasn't."

I stayed silent. I looked down at my pizza that the school provided for lunch. There were only two bites taken from it. "Your right, it has been hell." I told her raising my eyebrows at her.

******

Third person

That night 

The chilling breeze blew through the night air. The sound of leaves crunching under heavy weight brought Alec out of his gaze.

"When does Aro arrive?" Alec asks turning to look at his sister. Jane stopped beside him gazing up at the Swan household. There was a shadow of a women dancing on the wall. The sound of "House of memories" by Panic at the disco was blaring throughout the house.

"As soon as the last of the trials are over." Jane spoke turning her gaze back to her bother. A manly figure dropped down from a tree branch landing on their feet with a thud. The two twins look to their left. Demetri leans against the tree that he was just resting in. 

"How many trials?" He asked shoving his hands into his pants pockets. He stares at the Swan house. The front door opens and closes catching all their attention. Charlie Swan comes into their view carrying a beer bottle in his hand. He took a sip out of his beer. 

"Uncle Charlie! Natalie isn't giving me my phone back!" Naya's voice rung out through the night air. Alec straightens his back at the sound of his mate's voice. 

"You won't turn down the damn music!" Natalie says as the music was suddenly cut off. 

"Damn it Natalie!" Naya cusses. Charlie rubs a hand over his face and through his hair with a deep sigh. "Why do you always mess up my vibing time!"

"Because you always vibe when I'm reading." Natalie snapped at Naya. There was a quiet snarl come out of Alec when he heard the tone in Natalie's voice. Demetri's head snapped towards Alec within a quick second. A low warning hiss came out of his mouth. 

"Would you two shut up." Felix whispers lowly. Too low for any human being to hear. The four elite guards watch as Charlie walks back into his house when the arguing between the two girls got worst.

"Girls, stop fighting up there." Charlie yells from downstairs. "Natalie give Naya her phone. Naya, use your headphones so your sister can read. If y'all start arguing again, I'm going to put you two in the corner."

There was silence throughout the Swan household. "Guess that solves that problem." The side of Jane's lip curved into a small smirk. Amusement was all that she felt watching, hearing as the Princesses of Volterra was silence by a mere human. It was simply amusing to her. Though it wasn't something she was expecting from them. Maybe the twins were as submissive and obedient as they look. 

******

"Did Aro want us to check out the Seattle situation?" Felix asked his mate who stood beside him with her hands locked behind her. 

"He sent Raphael and two more to investigate it." Jane told him. "Their leader is staying out of the spotlight. But they have confirmed that they are an army; and it doesn't take an idiot to know who their after."

"The twins are still too close-" Demetri pauses as he smells a different scent nearby. His head snaps behind him towards the woods. The atmosphere around the four changes into tension. "Someone is here."

"Who is it? Where are they?" Alec hisses glaring into the darkness. A predatory look comes over Demetri's face as he catches their tenor. He feels the connection pulling away and knows that they are now running. Demetri takes off without warning following the scent of the vampire. The other three behind him. 

Another vampire steps out of the woods hearing the guards follow the bait. His lips pulled into a smirk. Red eyes look upon the Swan household holding a dangerous glint in them.