Chapter 13

"So, you want to call Uncle Charlie, or shall I?"

_______________🥀_______________

Naya

"Look I'm just saying that ride was more fun than bumper cars" I say as I waited for Natalie to open the front door to Uncle Charlie house. Bella wasn't here neither was Uncle Charlie.

"Whatever you say, Naya. You are just mad cause you got stuck" Natalie said pushing open the door. I walked in and headed towards the kitchen. I flipped on the light switch and walked over sliding the pizza boxes on the kitchen table.

"As if." I scoffed rolling my eyes. "Those kids knew what they were doing."

"Aww, is my little sister mad cause she got hit so many times in bumper cars?" Natalie asked in a teasing baby voice. I playfully shoved her away from me. She laughed as I opened the papa John's box and grabbed me a piece of pizza. My mouth watered at the smell.

"Let's not talk any more about that. I'm hungry" I said taking a bite of the pepperoni pizza as I grabbed the second one and put it on my plate for when I got done with my first one. I moaned at the taste as I sat down at the table.

"I forgot my drink" Natalie says setting down her plate after taking a bite out of her pizza. I looked around the table and didn't see mine either.

"Yeah, I think I left mine in the car too. " I said as I chewed my food. Natalie nodded and left the kitchen. I heard the front door open and close and continued to eat my delicious pizza.

Minutes later, Natalie came back in with my bottle of Dr. Pepper and her Sprite. I grabbed my drink and untwisted the top before taking some large sips. I set my drink on the table and twisted the top back on. I grabbed my pizza and held it up to my mouth fixing to take a bite but there was a knock on the door. I looked at Natalie who looked at me. I sighed and stood up with my pizza in hand and walked to the front door. I opened it and saw a short pale girl with pixie cut. I raised an eyebrow at the unknown girl.

"Who is it?" Natalie yells from the kitchen as I continue to stare at the girl who stared back.

"Can I help you?" I asked leaning against the door taking a bite of my pizza.

"I'm looking for Bella. Is she here?" She asked in a rushed tone.

"Nope." I tell her. Natalie joined me at the door.

"Naya you really shouldn't just eat in front of someone. You have no manners." She scolds rolls her eyes. My eyes drifted over to her as I continued eating. "Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

"That would be great, thank you." Pixie rushed out while stepping into the threshold. I shut the door using my foot and followed them to the living room. She looks so familiar, but I can't remember where I know her from.

"So why do you need to see Bella at this time of night?" I asked taking another bite out of my pizza. Natalie's head snapped towards me with a glare clear in her eyes.

"Naya." Natalie hissed before looking at Pixie. "You'll have to pardon my sister's rudeness. She's seemed to have lost her manners. I'm Natalie, Bella's cousin."

"Alice." Pixie says giving Natalie a smile. She then freezes, like she stops breathing and all. Who the hell did Natalie just invite in? 

"Congratulations Natalie, you've broke the poor pixie." I speak. Natalie looks at me.

"I didn't even do anything." She insisted.

"You looked at her." I smirked. She flipped me off. Alice blinked like she's finally snapped out of whatever caused her to freeze in the first place.

"Are you okay?" Natalie asked as Alice looked between the two of us in shock and uneasiness. I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She waves us off and I shrugged. The front door opened, and everyone turned and looked.

"Bella!" Pixie called in relief and confusion. Bella flung herself at Pixie who was still looking confused. I made a face at the scene. How come Uncle Charlie, Natalie or I never got a greeting like that when we came back to forks? I thought watching the scene with confusion and slight jealousy.

"Alice?" Bella says. Pixie pushes her back away from her slightly.

"You want to tell me how you're still alive?" Pixie asked as I started eating my half-eaten pizza. I listened as Bella explained how she was cliff diving which I knew was a lie cause Bella wasn't that type of girl. She was a clumsy, studying and awkward kind of girl. Not the kind of girl to jump off cliffs and ride dirt bikes or pick fights with shifting wolves. But people can change. Soon Jake walks in and meets pixie who walks out but not before insulting Jacob.

******

Everything went by fast. One moment Bella was in the kitchen with Jake, then she was marching out the door behind him. Alice stares at us once again.

"You two have to go." Alice says as the same uneasiness from earlier came floating back onto her face. I raised an eyebrow.

"No, we don't." I snorted. I was not wanting to go across the world to rescue an ex. "Bella's ex, Bella's problem."

"Naya." Natalie warned me again before looking at Alice. "I'm sorry but I am not going to go across the world to save someone who broke up with my cousin in the woods. We will cover for Bella until y'all get back."

Alice looks unsure and bothered. She finally nods and heads out the door. We followed her and stood on the porch watching as they took off down the road. Bella was on the way to Italy to rescue her now suicidal ex. I hummed biting into a new slice of pizza. I chewed and swallowed.

"So, you want to call Uncle Charlie, or shall I?" I asked glancing over at Natalie who stood beside me watching as Jake started running off mad.

"You should since you love to get people in trouble." She says with a mischievous smirk. I grinned feeling mischievous as well.

"Oh, she's fixing to be in deep shit."