thirty seven

The next week I barely saw Draco except for right before bed and at breakfast. The dark lord is getting really pissed that the cabinet isn't done yet and he has to stay focused until it's done. He eats breakfast with us and then takes off, skipping class every day to work on that fucking cabinet, comes in the dorms late at night and completely misses dinner. I started bringing some food back for him so he can have some or go down to the room and eat with him while he works on the cabinet. On top of barely seeing him, he's miserable. It's understandable and I don't blame him for anything but I miss his smiles and his laugh.

Blaise has been a really good friend all week. Theo has been off with Hermione and Pansy off with Adrian so if it wasn't for Blaise, I'd be alone all the time. He sits with me in class and walks around with me or plays chest with me when we have some spare time. Sometimes he even comes to the room of requirements with me to eat dinner with Draco when we know the other two aren't going to be there.

We're all sitting at the Slytherin table for breakfast but none of us are particularly talkative. I'm leaning on Draco while we eat, Theo is sitting beside me and Blaise and Pansy across from us. Adrian is sitting with us today and he's sitting on the other side of Pansy. Blaise looks awkward and miserable and Pansy looks a little uncomfortable.

"So when do you guys want hangout with Hermione and I?" Theo asks, breaking the silence.

"I can whenever you want me to." I say as I play with Draco's rings on his hand.

"Yeah me too." Blaise says.

"I can too." Pansy says.

Theo looks at Draco and I felt him shrug.

"Come on man. You've been working so hard on that cabinet. Just take a day off or even like just the night off." Theo says.

"I- fine. It's Saturday so I'll just work on it all night long I guess." Draco says.

"Thank you mate." Theo says.

"You like my rings?" Draco whispers in my ear teasingly.

"Yes." I say and continue. He leans his head down and kisses the top of my head. Breakfast soon became my favourite part of the day because it's the only time I could sit with Draco and not have him working.

"How about after we see Theo's girlfriend, the two of us sneak off and go on a little date?" Draco whispers.

"Really?" I ask, and look up at him.

"I'm not going to take the day off and not spend time with you." He says.

"Here I thought you were taking the day off to see Granger." I tease.

"No. No. I'm only doing that for Theo. Same as you." Draco jokes.

-

"Theo said to meet by the lake but the man isn't even here yet." Blaise jokes as we reach the lake.

"Probably off shagging Hermione before they meet up with us." Pansy adds.

"Well if I would've known that I would've done the same thing with Maya." Draco says confidently.

"Fucking nasty." A voice says from behind and I recognize it to be Theo.

"What a great first impression." I say to Draco as we all turn around.

"We weren't shagging, Malfoy." Theo says before smiling at Hermione.

"Oh yeah sure." Blaise says. "Then why were we here before you?"

"Because I had to get her away from Harry and Ron." Theo explains. "They're not very accepting."

I wanted to say something like 'They don't like Slytherins at all.' But Theo looks so happy with her and I don't want to ruin that for him.