twenty two

Christmas Morning (Maya's POV)
I woke up a bit earlier than everyone else this morning so that I could sneak into Malfoy's room and give him the present I got him. I put on my Slytherin sweater and some black leggings, pretty much my go to outfit, and head to his room. I knock on his door quietly and to my surprise, he's awake.

He opens the door slowly, his eyes half open and his hair still not brushed. He's not wearing a shirt but he's wearing his plaid green pajama pants. He hasn't been up long.

"Good morning." I whisper as he moves out of the way of the door so I can come inside, which I do and close the door behind me.

"What are you doing up so early, Maya." He whispers as he wraps his arms around me. His warm body holding me.

"I just want to give you your present in private." I say softly, still hugging him. He pulls away slightly so that he can look at my face.

"Is it you?" He asks with a smirk.

"No.." I blush. "Here." I say and hand him the small box.

"Love, you didn't need to get me anything. Being here with you on Christmas is enough for me."

"But I did get you something so stop being stubborn and open it." I say. He takes the gift from my hand, smiles down at me and kisses my forehead softly.

He unwraps it and opens the box and stares down at it for a moment. No reaction as he stares. He takes the ring out of the box and reads the engraving that says "Draco & Maya". A smile grows on his face as he puts the ring on his finger, no hesitation.

"So you like it?" I ask as I look at his hand with the ring on it. He has other rings, like his snake one, but he put this one on and it looks so gorgeous on him.

"It's perfect." he says as he pulls me close to him again, he leans his face down to mine and connects our lips.

"Merry Christmas, Draco." I whisper in between kisses. He pulls away and goes to the table beside his bed and opens the droor.

"Come here." He demands and I do. I sit down on the bed beside him. He hands me this small box and blushes.

"Y-you got me something? You didn't have to do that."

"Now look who's being stubborn." he jokes. "I got this for you before we left school."

I slowly open the box and as soon as I see what's inside, a smile grew on my face uncontrollably. Inside was a beautiful, silver locket and it has some writing on the back. I carefully pick it up out of the box and turn it around to read the writing.

'my hope'

"This is beautiful..." I say as I admire it. "Can you help me put it on?"

"Yeah, come here." he says. I stand up and sit between his legs. He moves my hair out of the way slowly and leans down and leaves a few gentle kisses on my neck. I felt the butterflies dancing around in my stomach as he kisses my neck. I hand him the necklace and he makes sure it's facing the right way. I felt the cold metal on my neck but I honestly didn't care. It's from him.

"It looks perfect on you." he whispers in my ear.

"I love it."

"Remember how I put that stupid fucking onesie on for you...?" he says which causes me to laugh.

"Mhm, it looked adorable on you by the way."

"Right, well you and I are going to do something that will make you forget that I looked adorable." he smirks.