nine

Maya's POV
Malfoy pulls away first and leans his forehead against mine as he reaches for my hands and interlocks our fingers. His eyes are staring into mine as he rubbed his thumb over my hand.

"Look, I'm complicated and hard to get know." Malfoy says.

"I've noticed that." I admit. "You're very hot and cold."

"Mhm but I guess I can be nicer to you while we're around our friends."

"Thank you, that's all I wanted." I joke.

"Good That's all I can do right now."

"Oh and kiss me randomly after blowing up on me." I say sarcastically.

"Yes." He says bluntly.

I laugh and he lets go of me and walks around the room before sitting down on a couch. I make my way to the couch awkwardly and sit down beside him.

"So did you bring me to your secret room to kiss me or did you have something else in mind?"

"I didn't have a plan." Malfoy admits.

"Clearly." I say and lift my feet up to the couch and bring my legs to my chest.

"You know if you keep kissing me back like that I'm going to start thinking you like me." Malfoy jokes.

"You know if you keep kissing me like that I'm going to start thinking you like me."

His face scrunches up and he rolls his eyes playfully at me. His behaviour keeps changing and honestly it's really hard to keep up with it all.

"It's not smart for me to get close to anyone right now." He admits. I look over to how he's sitting. Really tensed up and his face looks.. sad.

"Hot and cold." I joke.

"I'm being serious, Potter. Being around me will only get you hurt or put you in danger."

"Malfoy, I'm not sure you noticed this before because you know, you're full of yourself but whether we're friends or not... I'm always around you."

"Trust me, I fucking noticed."

"So you might as well just let me know you." I say, hoping that would change his mind.

"Whatever." He grunts. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

"Are you done now? I would like to go to bed." I ask, standing up and getting ready to leave. He got up and followed me out the door and all the way back to the common room. Neither of us spoke to each other on the way back.

Theo and Blaise were right where we left them but now Pansy was sitting there with them. I stop at the door of the common room. Do I really want to deal with this shit tonight..? Can't she just fuck off.

"Don't tell me you're scared of Pansy?" Malfoy mocks as he stands beside me.

"I'm not scared of her." I pause and glance over to her and the guys. "I just don't know if tonight is the night I wanna have the fight that's been coming for a while now."

"I for one want to see this fight." Malfoy jokes. "I've been waiting a long time to see it."

I laugh at how childish he is before heading over to the three of them. I sit down in the middle of the couch beside Theo and Malfoy sits on the other side of me since Pansy took the chair he sat in before.

"Where did you two go?" Blaise asks with a smirk.

"Probably to fuck." Pansy blurts out and I see Malfoy clench his knuckles.

"Actually we just went for a walk. I know you're used to him only being alone with you when he needs something but I'm not like that."

I saw smirks grow on Blaise, Theo, and Malfoy's faces as Pansy's smirk fades into a look of pure anger and disgust.

"Right because Malfoy wouldn't touch you with a 6 foot pole." Pansy shot back.

I roll my eyes. I could say that he did kiss me and our bodies were so close that there was no room between us but I don't want to deal with those questions right now.

"Maybe he just has more respect for me than he does for you." I spit.

"Oh damn." Blaise laughs.

"Fuck off, bitch." Pansy shouts.

"What is your problem with me anyway?" I ask her.

"I don't trust you."

"You have no reason to not trust me."

"I have every reason not to trust you."

"And why don't you trust me?"

"Because you and your brother are trying to get information on my friends that could ruin them if anyone found out." Pansy shouts.

"Pansy-" Blaise says but was met with a glare.

"Maybe you didn't realize because you're stuck in your own head, but I don't hangout with my brother. I don't even talk to him because he thinks I can't be trusted because I'm a Slytherin."

I felt Theo's stares from one side and Malfoy's from the other. I know Theo wants to get my attention because I've never told anyone besides him that but my gaze is focused on Pansy.

"I still don't believe you." She spits.

"Okay, remember when we were friends and we would stay up late at night and talk about love and boys. Remember that thing you told me and made me promise not to tell anyone."

Pansys face gets dangerously red and I can feel her eyes burning into my skin.

"Don't you fucking dare." She spits.

"I never told anyone about that." I say with a smile. "And I never will."

Her eyes change from anger to embarrassment as she runs out of the common room. That's not how I thought the fight would go but I'm glad it's over. I feel the guys staring at me, waiting for me to say something. I know they want to know the secret but I'm not going to tell them.

"Stop staring. I'm not going to tell you." I snap.

"Why nottttt!" Theo whines. "After everything she put you through, you're still going to keep her secret."

"Mhm."

"Come onnnn." Blaise joins.

"Sorry but no." I say as I stand up. "Good night." I head to my dorm room and crash into the bed. It didn't take long before I was passed out.