twenty seven

Draco storms out of the room of requirements. For a second I stand there and look at where he was but then I start running after him.

"Draco wait..." I call out to him but he doesn't stop or turn around. "Draco what happened? Who was it...?" I call out again but it doesn't change anything.

He pushes open the common room door after saying the password and barges in. Theo, Blaise and Pansy were seated on the couch and the room was basically empty. Only a few first years and two fifth years.

"Everyone fucking leave except you three." Malfoy growls at them and they all scatter. I come up beside him and see how angry his eyes are. I want to hold him in that moment but I know he'll just push me off of him. Now is not the time.

"So what? If I won't be with you, you'll just ruin the lives of everyone I speak to?" He says, staring directly at Pansy.

"What are you talking about?" Theo asks, standing up and looking between him and I. I look down at the ground.

"Pansy. Answer my fucking question."

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"Yes you fucking do."Malfoy snaps and I flinch a little.

"What is going on?" Blaise asks.

"Did she tell you that I did something?" Pansy asks as she glares at me.

"No." Malfoy snaps and looks over to me for a moment.

"Then where did you get this idea?" Pansy asks.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe the dark lord told her that someone who we both know mentioned I was distracted."

"What?" Theo asks as his eyes move to meet mine.

"It's a long story..." I say. "I don't want to-"

"Tell me why the fuck you did that." Malfoy interrupts me and shouts at her.

"I didn't do anything." Pansy says. At that moment Blaise stood up and stood in front of Pansy.

"What did you do Pans...?" Blaise asks and shakes his head.

"I- you can't tell me you believe Potter too?" Pansy says as she stands and tries to take Blaise's hand. He backs away.

"Yes." He says and looks at Malfoy who nods and then looks at me.

"Fine. I told the dark lord that Potter was distracting you from your task." Pansy pauses. "I did it to save you, Draco."

"I don't need saving." Draco snaps. "And you don't have the right to call me by my name anymore."

Her face looks shocked and confused.

"I don't want to see you around me or Maya ever again." Malfoy growls. He reaches back for my hand and i give it to him. He connects our fingers and I see Pansy glare at our hands.

"Are you guys- are you two together?" Blaise asks.

"Yes." Draco says.

"I-"

"He already knows Maya. We don't have to hide anymore." Draco says as he turns to face me. I nod.

"Why does it matter if I told him? All he was going to do was motivate you to stay focused."

Malfoy chuckles and rolls his eyes in anger. He looks down at me, I already know what he's thinking.

"Do you trust me?" He asks me. I nod.

He looks at Pansy and then to Theo and Blaise before he rolls up my sleeve and shows them the dark mark on my arm. Tears instantly begin rolling down my face as the three of them send me shocked expressions.

"That is what he did to motivate me, Parkinson. You didn't help at all. You ruined her fucking life." Malfoy says without taking his eyes off of mine.

"Maya..." Theo says but I didn't look over to him. I can't.

"Theo, no offence but now isn't the time." Malfoy says and Theo nods in understanding.

"Pansy... what the fuck did you do?" Blaise asks, looking at her in disbelief and anger.

"I- I thought I was helping him. Blaise you have to believe me."

"I don't." He says and turns to me. His eyes watering.

"Maya... I am so sorry that she got you into this mess. You were never supposed to have that mark. Ever." Blaise says.

"Blaise... Thank you for apologizing but I'm okay and it's not your fault." I say and give him a smile.

Blaise smiles back and turns back to Pansy, her  blank stare. Did she even feel bad? She doesn't look like she feels bad at all.

"I knew you hated me, although I never knew why, but I never thought you would do anything like this. I never knew you hated me this much." I say.

"I don't hate you Maya." Pansy says but I laugh.

"No? You have a funny way of showing that."

"I don't hate you, but I can't be your friend."

"I don't want to be your friend. I don't want anything to do with you." I snap.

"You don't understand." Pansy cries.

"Don't understand what?" I ask.

"That I love you." She blurts out. Her eyes immediately showing that she regrets saying that.

"What?" I ask.

"I- nothing." She says as she races out of the room.

Loves me?

Can't be friends with me because she loves me?

Hates the idea of Malfoy and I together.

Makes everyone of them hate me for years.

Pushes me away.

"She loves me...?" I say to the group of guys who were watching me.