fifty seven

Maya's POV
Draco asked his aunt if the two of us could go to his room so he could make sure my cut was alright. That asshole actually slapped me in the face.

When we got out of the room, I collapsed in his arms from fear and from all of the stress from being here in the first place. He just held me and comforted me until I could stop crying and breathe. Then he asked me what I want to do. I know he already knows what I'm going to say and when I tell him, he nods and says let's do it.

"How are we going to pull this off?" I ask Draco as him and I begin walking down the hallway towards the dungeons.

"I don't know. We can just give him my wand. They always figure out how to get themselves out of messes." Draco explains.

"Okay, so we go down and offer him a wand." I repeat.

"Yes." He mumbles. "If they accept our help."

"I swear if he doesn't take the damn wand, he's a dumbass." I growl.

"Yes, he really is." Draco jokes. Even at a moment like this, he jokes and manages to make me smile.

The dungeon wasn't guarded by anyone at the moment so luckily we could get down there without someone noticing us.

"What the bloody hell do you two want?" Ron angrily asks us when we get to the door.

"We came to help you, you dumbass." Draco spits.

"Help us?" Ron begins. "Yeah right."

"Fine." Draco says. "If you don't want our help, have fun rotting in here."

He turns on his heel and begins to walk away. I give Ron an annoyed look and turn to follow him when Hermione lets out a terrible scream. Draco and I both stop, then look to each other in horror.

"What are they doing to Hermione?" Ron asks aggressively.

"No idea." I say. My voice is trembling. "Look, we can give you a wand and when someone comes to let you out, you guys can escape."

"Why are you helping us?" Harry asks as he steps up to the door beside Ron.

"I know you guys aren't at school because you know how to defeat him. You guys can't get caught here." I explain.

"Besides, Maya will never let me hear the end of it if her brother dies in my house." Draco adds. "So don't be a stupid git and take my wand."

"I- okay." Harry says. He studies Draco and me before accepting the wand.

"We have to get back up there before someone notices but be smart about it." I say and they both nod. Draco and I turn on our heels and begin walking back up stairs.

"Maya?" Harry calls out. I turn back to face him and I see a facial expression I've never seen on Harry before. "Thank you."

I nod and turn back around to follow Draco.

At least now they have a wand.

At least now they can get out.

The two of us head back to the room where we heard Hermione scream.

"Wait-" Draco says as we're just outside the room. "I have to heal your face."

"Right."

I hand him my wand and allow him to heal my face quickly. I almost forgot we told them he needed to check the cut. I was so caught up in getting Harry, Ron and Hermione out of here that I forgot we're not safe here either. Not really.