fifty

One Day Before Returning To Hogwarts:

Blaise and Pansy went back to their houses yesterday to grab their trunk and other stuff for school. Theo is going back to his place tonight and I offered to go with him because I want to see his sister.

Draco's mother told him that she would come by later that night and drop his school stuff off for him. I told him that we would be back before his mother got here because she wants to see me too.

"You ready to go, Theo?" I ask and he nods. I can tell he's nervous to go back home but I don't know how to make it easier for him. At least if I'm there, they might not say anything to him.

Draco comes over to me, leans down and kisses me before Theo and I apperate to his house.

"Just stay with me the whole time, okay?" Theo says as we start walking up the drive way.

"I will."

His house is the same as I remember it before expect darker. I almost wish we didn't have to come here... things seem different. A bad different.

"It'll be okay, T." I whisper as I take his hand and we enter the house.

"I want to do this as fast as we can." Theo explains and I nod in understanding. We quietly walk up to his room and he starts packing his clothes in his room.

"Where's your books?" I ask him and he points to his desk. I start throwing some of his school books into his trunk with his clothes.

"Theo?" A voice calls out and Theo and I both turn around fast.

"Olivia?" Theo says quietly. I continue to pack his stuff up while he goes and talks to his sister. 

"It's okay, Liv. I'm okay. I just need to get out of here." Theo says to Olivia. I guess she's been worried about Theo since after what happened last year.

"I was so worried about you!" She cries as her brother tries to calm her down.

"I'm sorry, Liv. You have to understand that it was safer for us to stay away." Theo says.

"Where have you been?" She asks as she looks over at me.

"We were staying with Draco." Theo says. He's trying not to give too much away.

"Both of you?" Liv asks again.

"Yes." I add.

"Maya... are you guys okay?" She turns to me and ask.

"We're okay." I answer. Theo gives me a look and he goes to finish packing while I continue talking to Liv.

"Can you guys write to me? Don't leave me hanging again." Liv begs.

"We will." I say. "We're going back to school this year so we'll write to you from there."

"You're going back to school?" Liv asks.

"Yes."

"That's why you're here." She pauses. "To get your stuff for school."

"Yes."

"Not to check up on me..."

"That was part of the plan. Get T's stuff and make sure you're okay."

It's kind of a lie. Theo didn't want to run into anyone because it would make things harder when he leaves. I wanted to make sure she's okay but I can't go out of my way to find her. We're kind of in a rush.

-

"For fuck sakes. What took you two so long?" Draco growls when we get back to Andromeda's place.