sixty six

Maya's POV
We are all seated in the waiting room outside of the ministry council room. Draco was pacing around and making me go dizzy watching him. I was sitting in a chair with my legs up to my chest. My stomach is turning like crazy from the nerves.

I look around the room to see everyone and couldn't help but smile. Olivia was sitting beside Blaise and the two of them were talking about some movie they watched last night. Those two are obsessed with whatever movie series they started watching. Hermione is leaning on Theo and they're holding hands. They aren't talking but they look adorable and peaceful. Ron is sitting on the ground glaring towards Hermione and Theo which is making it really hard for me not to burst into laughter. Harry and I are tying to hold in the laughter as we look at Ron. He's so childish. Narcissa is standing against the wall staring off somewhere.

"I can't believe they are putting him with her." Olivia says which catches my attention.

"I know!" Blaise adds. "I don't like them together."

I look at Theo and Hermione who also overheard this and the three of us are trying to hide our amusement but this time we failed.

"What are you laughing at?" Blaise asks as he turns his attention to the three of us who are dying from laughter.

"Nothing.." I say between my laughing.

"What is so funny?" Blaise asks again.

"They're laughing at you, dumb ass." Draco jumps in.

"What the fuck? Why?"

"Because you're over here talking about who should be with who in a damn movie." Theo says and we burst into laughter again.

"Oh fuck off." Blaise says before turning back to Liv who is now laughing too.

Draco comes over to me and motions for me to stand up, which I do. He then sits in my spot and pulls me on his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder.

First of all, rude. I was comfortable.

Second of all, that was so fucking adorable.

"How are you doing?" I whisper to him so no one else would hear.

"I'm- honestly I don't know." He whispers. "I hate waiting."

"Me too." I respond.

"Thank you for being here." He whispers.

"I'll always be right here." I reply and lean over and kiss him.

"Gross!" Blaise groans and throws a piece of the daily profit over at us to get us to stop.

"Oh grow up!" I say sarcastically and roll my eyes.

"I love you, Maya." He whispers to me.

I couldn't even hide the fact that I'm blushing and my heart fluttered.

"I love you, Draco." I say. "If he- um you know.. does get out, please don't do anything stupid."

"Define stupid."

"You and Blaise." I joke.

"Ohhh she thinks she's funny." Draco whispers in my ear and we both start laughing.

"I promise, love." He finally says. "If he gets out, he will have to live with the fact that no one likes him, and everyone knows what he's done."

I nod.

"But it might take Blaise a little more convincing than that." Draco jokes.

"I'll lock him in the manor if he even tries."

"Oh damn." Draco says with a smirk. "You know... we never finished what we started this morning..."

"We are surrounded by our friends and at the Ministry of Magic!"

"Fine." Draco says. "I was just thinking we go for a walk but you're boring."

"Boring? Fuck no, let's go." I say as I get off of his lap.

A huge smile grows on his lips as he stands up and takes my hand.

"Where are you two going?" Blaise asks.

"For a walk, Zabini." Draco says. "We don't need a chaperone."

"I am not going anywhere with you two." Blaise jokes. "I think now that you're a couple, it's worse than hearing you constantly bicker."

I laugh and Draco rolls his eyes.

"We will be back in like 10 or something." I say to everyone who's watching us.

"Mmm more like 20 minutes." Draco adds.

Oh

"Nasty." I hear Theo whisper under his breath. As if he can talk.

We were just about to make it around the corner when the lady steps out of the room and says they're reached a decision.

"For fuck sakes." Draco mumbles and we head back into the waiting room.

"You all may come back inside now."

"Guess we'll have to do that later then." Draco whispers in my ear.

"If we don't get interrupted again."

"Oh, we won't." He says.

We all pile back in to the court room and Lucious is still seated in the enter of it. He almost looks bored sitting there. Not angry, not nervous. Maybe he realized that no one likes him so if he gets out, he's got no where to go.

"Okay so after reviewing the whole trial and speaking with Mr. Malfoy, we have decided that we find him guilty of everything listed today."

Relief.

I turn to Draco who is smiling, Narcissa looks relieved and Blaise looks pleased.

"Mr. Malfoy is sentenced to life in Azkaban."

"Exactly what he fucking deserves." Draco says, not even trying to keep his voice down.

"Now, Mr. Malfoy this is your last chance to say something on your behalf before you get taken to Azkaban."

Lucious smirks and turns his body to look over at us.

"I've never been more disappointed to call you my son. What you did, letting Potter and his friends go, among so many other things. I'm glad I'm spending the rest of my life in Azkaban because then I never have to see you again."

Draco looked at the lady to see if he was allowed to respond and she nodded her head.

"What makes you think that if you were to get out today, you'd ever see me again?"

"You were supposed to be strong, loyal, and smart. Turns out you're just like those blood traitors." Lucious shouts.

"Have fun in Azkaban, Lucius." Draco says firmly.

"I am still your father Draco, act like it."

Draco just rolls his eyes and takes my hand before turning to Blaise.

"Have anything to add?" He asks Blaise who nods.

"Ahh Zabini." Lucious says. "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm glad you're never getting out of there. You deserve to rot in there." Blaise says.

Just as the cage begins to move backwards and Lucious is heading to Azkaban for life, Blaise says one more thing. One more thing that Lucious can't respond to because Blaise timed it right.

"Justice for Pansy."