sixty five

Draco's POV
I walk into the room after my mother, hand in hand with Maya. My father is seated in the middle of the room in a cage, handcuffed and in Azkaban clothing. He looks uncleaned and pale. I must say, it brought a smirk to my face. After everything he did to my family, he deserves this. This humiliation is the least of what I believe he deserves.

We all sit down on the side lines where we were directed to sit and wait to be called up to speak. I sat down on the end between my mother and Maya. Olivia and Theo were seated next to Maya, followed by Hermione, Harry, Blaise and then Ron on the end.

Not sure why that git is even here. He doesn't care about any of this. He's just a jealous fool.

"Weasel shouldn't be here if he's not going to help." I mumble to Maya and she nods in agreement.

The ministry people began speaking about what Lucious Malfoy is being charged with and I must say, the list is rather long.

Child endangerment

Loyal servant to Voldemort

Attacking A Student While working for the school.

Kidnapping and Holding Hostages

Murder

Abuse

The list kept going on and on. That's when I realized that they don't want him to get out anymore than we do and they aren't hiding it.

"Is there anything you would like to say before we begin, Mr. Malfoy?"

"Do your worst." He says without looking over at us.

Oh, I plan to.

"Alright, can we have Narcissa Malfoy please come to the stand."

My mother stood up and walked over to front of the room and sat in the chair.

"Mrs. Malfoy." The ministry worker began but my mother interrupted.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but I would prefer to go by Black now." My mom says calmly and politely. 

"Yes of course." The lady says. "Mrs. Black, can you describe the abuse that went on inside your household over the years because of your husband?"

"He would constantly shout at me whenever he was stressed, sometimes he would come home in a violent rage and begin throwing things around. A few times he even hit my son because he was angry at him for not doing something he was told to do."

I felt Maya turn to me but I didn't meet her eyes. I couldn't. I never told her that part... it was when I was younger. I felt her reach for my hand and intertwine our fingers and I smile.

"Right, and how many times have you asked him to work on his anger management?" The lady asks.

"Many times over the years but he never listened."

"And is it true that he forced your son to get the dark mark against his will?"

"Yes."

"And he forced you both to play the part of death eaters even though he knew neither of you wanted to?"

"Yes."