fifteen

"T, Malfoy isn't going home for Christmas and he's going to be here all alone. You should ask him to join us." I say as we head to breakfast. Theo turns to me and shoots me an odd glance before answering.

"Since when do you care about Malfoy?"

"You and I both know that I love Christmas and I wouldn't want anyone to be alone during the holidays." I explain as I try and cover the real reason I'm asking.

He pauses for a minute but I guess my cover worked because he nods.

"Fine, he can join us but we're still doing what we always do. If he's going to ruin it, he can just not come. Okay?"

"Of course." I say, nudging his arm.

"You're too nice Maya. He's so awful to you and you're willing to invite him to our Christmas."

If only he knew.

"It't the right thing to do, T. Plus he's your friend."

"I know but I wouldn't have invited him if you didn't say anything because I want you to have a good holiday." Theo says as we sit down and join the guys at the table.

"Thanks, but it's really okay." I assure him.

"What is?" Blaise asks us.

"Malfoy joining us for Christmas." Theo says to Blaise. I roll my eyes. He's so oblivious sometimes.

"Wait why are you going to Theo's now?" Blaise asks Malfoy. I send him an apologetic look but he ignores it and ignores Blaise too.

"Fine, be a prick and don't answer me." Blaise continues.

"For fuck sakes Blaise, you know why I can't go home." Malfoy snaps.

"Oh. Right." Blaise says as he rolls his eyes in annoyance.

"Well, you're more than welcome to join Maya and I." Theo says, "But did you tell her why you can't go home?"

"Mhm." Malfoy says without looking up at either of us.

"You told her?" Blaise asks again.

"Yes Blaise, I fucking told her." Malfoy snaps. "Why do you guys need to keep talking about it?"

"It's just weird." Theo admits.

"We're partners in class so we have to spend a lot of time together, okay? We talk when we get bored of working. It's honestly not that big of a deal."

"Okay okay." Blaise says as he stuffs his face with some food.

"It's still weird." Theo adds and Blaise nods.

Children.

"You three are going to be having a party without me?" Blaise asks, looking between the three of us.

"Get over yourself Zabini." I say as I roll my eyes.

"I feel left out nowwww." He continues to whine.

"Too bad." Theo joins in. "You have somewhere to go to."

"Fine." Blaise says, finally giving up and goes back to eating.

Theo turns to face me and pokes me to get my attention.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"So Malfoy told you about why he can't go home?" Theo asks.

I nod.

"He must trust you then...."

"I guess." I mumble.

"Maya, are you not telling me something?"

"Like what?" I ask.

"I've known Malfoy my whole life and he doesn't go around telling people about his family life." Theo says. "And last time I checked, you two don't like each other enough to talk about that kind of stuff."

"I'm just really nosy and wouldn't stop asking questions." I explain. Technically that's not a lie. "He told me some things to get me to stop asking. That's all it is, t." I explain.

"Okay..." Theo says as he turns around and goes back to eating.

I turn back around to and see that Malfoy is watching me. He sends me a questioning look but I just smile back at him. He shakes his head and smiles back.

I have a weird feeling that Theo might be catching on to whatever this thing we have going on is. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. Depends on how he reacts...