Chapter 5

If my Dad had told me that the Corbinuous Royals were going to succeed in capturing me I would have laughed and called him a mad man. My nightmare was coming to life right before my eyes. The feelings of helplessness and dread were suffocating me. It was sad to think that my own true self had betrayed me. My own body failed me when I needed it most. There was no pleading my case. I was simply what I was and sadly,that was my downfall.

I stared at my prison wide eyed. The palace was unlike any other. The structure was of large ovals built randomly on top of each other and they varied in size. It was supported by large columns and sculptures of winged Moggadorian deities. The windows and the main entrance were arched and they had leafy patterns adorning them. I couldn't even describe it's beauty in perfect detail. Loreali Academy paled in comparison to this breathtakingly beautiful palace. It was heartbreaking really, to how such a building could be my hell on Earthelen.

Being a halfblood taught me not to judge things by their outer appearances. Outer appearances could be deceiving. I had let my guard down for a few minutes and it had automatically became the biggest mistake of my life. Prince Corvus turned out to be a monster hidden by a devastatingly handsome mask. Now I was to face the Corbinuous Royals, my own personal demons.

Prince Corvus was gripping my hand leading me to gods knew where. I had no strength to fight nor resist. Sometimes you just had to know when to give you. The prince was grinning from ear to ear. He had finally found what he had been looking earnestly for.

I know for a fact that the Corbinuous thrived in tormenting my kind before the final kill. They were twisted sadists who had nothing better to do with their lives. There was no way that I could escape this hellhole even if I was given the keys to all the palace exits. It would take a navigation device to escape of which I didn't have. I had no special abilities that would aid me in my unplanned escape. My life was over before it even started.

I was led to the throne room. The walls,columns and the floor were marbled. The mark of the ruling clan was etched on the marbled floor before the throne. Light spheres hovered in the air emitting an eerie light in the throne room. I kept my eyes downcast so as to prevent myself from seeing the man who was to kill me.

" Katoro,the gods of Moggadoria have answered our prayers. I stand before you with the the halfblood I promised you that I'd find. Erez didn't do well in hiding his cursed daughter. "

" Well done, my son. You never cease to make me proud of you. The gods of Moggadoria have truly blessed you, " praised the King. I wanted to charge for the king and hit him as much as I can but that would swiftly lead to my untimely death. It was sickening to hear the king praise someone for something so inhumane.

I heard someone enter the throne room. It was a girl my age. She had long raven hair and obsidian black eyes. Her skin was fair and radiant. Her facial features were delicate, making her look ethereal. She wore a grey jumpsuit that accentuated her curves, narrow waist and a beautifully shaped bosom. Her neck was adorned by a silver collar that had thin chains that ran to the silver metal belt around her waist. Her feet were cloaked by clear platform heels that had metal ankle straps.

" Ah, Ravenna, my love. It has been torture being away from you. I missed you very much," said prince Corvus happiness etched on his face. He let go of my hand and embraced the girl who just got in. I studied my bruised hand. I had just arrived here and I already had a bruise.

" I see you found the halfblood, " she muttered. I could feel her gaze on me. There was no doubt I disgusted her. I was nothing but dirt to her. Gods, I wanted to slap the disgust of her face. Being in the same room with these creatures made me sick to my stomach.

I couldn't do anything to inflict pain on them physically but I allowed myself to have fantasies that satisfied my anger. The injustice of being a halfblood in the Chorrubin species was sickening and I had to be the unfortunate Corbinuous. I did not loath my parents but I blamed them for what I was. If it weren't for their forbidden love, I would be at Loreali Academy having the time of my life without a care in the world. I would be like every other Corbinuous.