Chapter 13

After a month of hell locked up in a cell I was finally going to be free. I could feel it in my bones. For some reason I believed wholeheartedly in Jethrah. He was the only person trying to save me. I had no time to ponder if he was really a good guy. All I really wanted was to see myself as far away from Oviikron Fernus as possible.

I saw Jethrah sipping champagne, grinning at me. His eyes seemed to shift colour from obsidian to dark purple. The moonlight made him look more handsome. If only he could take off his blazer, it was restricting my view of his amazing built.

Gods,what was I thinking? I was officially losing my mind.

I tripped a little on my heels but I regained my balance. I sat on the chair near me. Jethrah looked around for onlookers. When he was gratified that no one was paying attention to me or him,he came to me.

I felt so faint. My energy was wavering and my vision began to turn blurry. " What did you give me? I feel so faint, " I slurred.

" Shh,everything is going to be fine. Close your eyes, beautiful, " he whispered softly. I fell in a deep sleep.

* * *

I was sitting on a rug infront of my mother who was sitting on her rocking chair. She was telling me a story about a warrior deity in Earthelona Eris. She went by the name Deuflereous. She was the only female to fight with men in a brutal war against the flesh eaters. And against all Odds, she won the wars for her people.

" listen to me, Artemia. You are a good girl and don't forget that. People won't easily accept you for being deviate but don't let anyone bring you down. Fight to be accepted like Deuflereous. Don't forget who you are," she said, cupping my face gently.

" Momma, I'm going to be like the warrior deity. If anyone says mean things to me,I'm going to beat them up," I declared with my fist raised high. She chuckled heartily at me and I pouted at her.

" Why are you laughing at me, momma? " I asked, my arms crossed over my chest. " You are adorable, Mia. Come sit on my lap."

I did as she said and sat on her lap. She wrapped her arms around me. " Mi ca vheni cadhoni, Mia , " she whispered to me." I love you too, momma," I said sleepily, nuzzling her neck.

I woke up from my sweet yet heartbreaking dream. It was rare for me to dream about my mother. Sometimes I was grateful for that because I didn't want to be reminded of her. It was depressing to say the least.

I had lost the only person who cared about me. When I was ten, I could tell that there was something wrong with her. She was not vibrant anymore. She looked too pale and her once radiant beautiful hair was withering. She didn't want to tell me what was wrong with her. I guess it was her way of sparing me the pain.

I just thought she had flu and she was going to be well soon. If only I knew that that very day she told me about Deuflereous, it was her way of saying goodbye.

I looked around the room and it was one I didn't recognize,suddenly memories of last night kicked in. I met Jethrah and he said he would save me. The bed I was lying on was covered with silk white sheets. It was a canopy bed. The room had mahogany furniture and had tall windows which were currently opened. The white curtains the hung from the windows bellowed in bliss.

The smell of the ocean filled the room and I could hear the waves crushing against the rocks. The sound was comforting and I felt myself calming down. I stared at my body and gasped in surprise. I was wearing white cotton pants and a tank top.

I got up from the bed. My feet landed on a dark wooden floor. There were a pair of white slippers. I decided to help myself to them. Jethrah had changed me. That twisted pervert saw me nude . It really pissed me off. I went to the slightly ajar door and opened it the rest of the way.