Chapter 18

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. It was amazing how someone as dull as me could look like a princess with a touch of magic. It was like I had transformed into another creature with the aid of makeup and a beautifully designed outfit.

I wore a black lolita dress, white stockings, a black hood cloak and black strap heels. I couldn't even recognize the woman staring back at me in the mirror.

She looked brave,strong and confident. The qualities prince Corvus had managed to destroy. I spun to face Afra, Valia and Patra. They all looked beautiful in their witch regalia.

It was ten pm at night and the festival was already in full swing. The blood moon was full and bright against the black starless sky. We made our way out of the house. White light spheres hovered in the air. We went to the clearing were the festival was taking place.

Jethrah and Corbin were already at the clearing. I was not really sure were Rasil was. His hatred for us ran deeper than any emotion. That much was apparent. He made sure to avoid us like the plague. I really didn't care about his opinion about us. It was easy to judge people for their actions when you have never found yourself in a situation they were in. I bet if he could put himself in our shoes,he'd do the same thing we did and which to escape the wrath of the Darkrests.

We arrived at the clearing. Laughter and exotic music filled the air. Everyone was blissful and laid-back. There were couples flaunting their love. Some wizards were showing off what they could create with magic. It was a very interesting event.

I parted from the three witches I came with and I made my way to a thick log against a tree. It was a very beautiful night. I saw Corbin strutting to me. He was also wearing a cloak. He wore all black. The colour made him look even more attractive.

" It's a beautiful night, isn't it? " he asked, sitting beside me. I nodded as I stared at the sky. It was magical and captivating. " Here,drink this." He handed me a circular glass that was half full with a strange indigo liquid. I stared at it with curiousity.

" What is it?" I asked, nervousness laced in my words. I had every right to question what the liquid was. Not that I didn't trust him. I was just naturally cautious when it came to things I knew nothing of.

" It's just juice. It's made from ripe aredisia berries that grow only in this world. I would never give you something that would harm you,Artemia, " he said reassuringly. He looked sad that I would think so lowly of him.

I took a sip at the so-called juice. It was very sweet yet cold. Something told me that it was naturally that cold. It seemed to calm me. I took a big gulp of the sweet nectar from the aredisia berries.

" Wow! This is quite good, " I exclaimed. He chuckled at my expression. " I'm glad you like it," he murmured.

" You seem to know a lot about this world. Do you come here often?" I stared at him questioningly.

" Yes but not in this village. I usually visit Helluvra Flereous,the kingdom of the Dragorians. They are vampire bats, " he said. That earned my undivided attention. He went on to explain about the Dragorians.

" The only similarity we have with them is that we all fly. They are a very intriguing species. "

We talked till midnight. The witches seemed more energetic than ever before which was strange considering they danced all night long. I have not danced even one bit yet my feet were killing me. This was the longest I wore heels.

I yawned for the hundredth time. I was dead tired. The only thing on my mind was heading back to Afra's house and taking a long nap. Corbin noticed how sleepy I was.