chapter 1

I glared at my Dad,no, the man who helped create me by default. He was taking me to Necroman Falls, where Loreali Academy was located. I loathed the very idea of being imprisoned in a supernatural Academy full of pompous students.

Admittedly, it was not the students nor the building itself that made me loathsome. It was the fact that the school was owned by the Corbinuous Royals, that made me dread it. I was a halfblood. In my world I was not supposed to exist. It was a grievous crime to belong in two worlds.My Dad was a Corbinuous (creatures that were a little similar to ravens) whereas my late mother had been human. I had no special abilities, whatsoever. I didn't even belong in a human school. Earthelen had no place for me.

I stared at the moving dark trees.The trees were so closely packed that I couldn't see past them.This was one of the many reasons why I loathed my Dad and Loreali Academy. Ever since my mother died my Dad and I had an uneasy relationship. There was not a day that we didn't argue.

The only solution that best suited him was to enrol his only daughter to a school that was a thousand miles away from home, completely isolated in a creepy forest. Some father he was.

"We are very close, honey.We are just twenty minutes away,"he smiled at me through the rear view mirror. "Yeh,right,twenty minutes to get rid of me. Thanks a lot, Dad, "I snorted. "We talked about this. This is the best thing for you. You are not safe at home. You should be thrilled that you get to be a student at this Academy."

"Now wouldn't you love that , Dad.This isn't my choice. You chose this for me,"I hissed at him.He abruptly halted the car and turned his upper body to glare at me. "Don't use that tone with me, young lady. That bold tongue of yours is going to get you beaten up one day and I hope that happens sooner rather than later, "he faced the front."Loreali Academy is not like your old school. Bad behaviour will most certainly get you punished. Your bad attitude will not be taken lightly. I suggest you start polishing your manners."

I crossed my arms over my chest and muttered a train of colourful curses that probably sounded incoherent to dearly beloved dad. 'Polishing my manners.' I scoffed. Like that was going to happen. This Academy was going to have to kiss my arse for all I cared. My stay at this suffocating school was going to be a pain for everyone. They would even beg the headmaster to get rid of me. I wouldn't be Emmeranne Artemia L' ossidiana if I didn't make people's lives miserable .I plugged my earphones in my ears and listened to some of my favourite band songs.

A dark building a few yards away caught my eyes. Dark clouds hovered above the gothic medieval building portraying a scene that usually showed in horror films. Not long we met the tall black gates that surrounded the school yard. The black pointy spears that were bound together by intricate black steel swirls made the imposing gates.

The gates creaked open slowly like a beckoning to the chamber of horrors. If I was nervous on my journey here, I was definitely terrified now. My pale skin tone must've resembled that of a ghost. I stole at glance at my Dad. I caught him swallowing nervously, sweat trailing down his tanned handsome face.

My Dad might've been the worst Dad on Earthelen but he was definitely a looker. With his chocolate brown hair styled to perfection, grey eyes and Greek god looks, he was every woman's dream. His grey three piece suit clung to his athletic build with a crisp white shirt peeking at the world and a shy royal blue tie that shimmered in the moonlight.

"Dad, the gate is open. Are you planning in driving in anytime soon? "I asked, my words laden with annoyance. He sighed heavily and drove the car in the yard of the prestigious Academy. A tall hulk of a man was at the main entrance of the Academy. There were two marbled sculptures of winged men on either side of the entrance. The stairs that led up to the entrance were also marbled.